Stator Plate

beta rev 3

Hi, dose anyone one if it is best to have your stator plate checked and repaired or replaced with a new one?,

where is the best place to repair if any, good price?,quick return?,ect.. any advice would be welcomed... Thanks. Phil...

Hi,

I take it you mean the stator assembly?

I just had mine repaired 2 weeks ago and my bike fired up 2nd kick when I got it all back together. I sent it to West Country Rewinds in Plymouth and got it back in 2 days! A lot less expensive than buying a new one too :wall:

Hi, Called west coast winding, explained my problem, the saisd it was the the pick ups a shot and i need a new stator assemble, loads of money, sooo, got in touch with Steve at motoplat and he will replace pick ups and check it over all for the price

Hi, Called west coast winding, explained my problem, the saisd it was the the pick ups a shot and i need a new stator assemble, loads of money, sooo, got in touch with Steve at motoplat and he will replace pick ups and check it over all for the price

i have used motoplat very good service he rang me and on the phone went throgh the way to test the stator with me gave him the readings and it was shot sent it off to him came back 8 days later never had a moments trouble since that was 14 months ago steve is a top man and said it would be better than the original stator as they are crap lol

Just a thought, has anyone ever tried to rewind a stator ?. I have in the past rewound transformers and various other coils by hand and think if my stator was to go I would have a pop at rewinding my self.

Has anyone got a old broken stator off of a rev3 that they would be willing to let me have a go at rewinding ?. PM me if you have one kicking about that is of no use, could be a well worth doing exercise to get some clue as to the cost and time involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got my stator back today from a holiday in Alicante Spain, sent it too Motoplat to be checked/repaired, well what can i say, put it back together and its perrrrrfect do'nt miss a beat, from when i sent it off till it landed back on my doorstep week and half and