Blackening The Beta

jack_h

Jack, dont the 06 plastics fit the 04? I think Heath bought a black front mudguard for his earlier this year from a much earlier model as well. The 06 decals have a black decal that fits onto the face of the tank and SXS repsol decal kits are mostly black for the forks/swingarm and side frames.

I am surprised we haven't seen anyone have their frame anodised yet? I would do it if I were loaded but as betarev3 says Jack the '98 DL replica Techno front guard is black. You could also try some V-MAR bits I have seen a top clamp in the flesh and it looks very nice :wall:

I quite like the idea of an all black bike with white stickers and a nice pair of all white Alpine Stars. There again, I like the idea of a one piece trials suit and that would get some laughs too!!!!! :thumbup:

im not really that keen on the black frames.

Barry - a while ago on the r2w site there was an article on a red graphics kit to go on the four stroke beta.... do you know what happened to it.

cheers

jack

im not really that keen on the black frames.

Barry - a while ago on the r2w site there was an article on a red graphics kit to go on the four stroke beta.... do you know what happened to it.

cheers

jack

Nope! but it is basically the Radycool kit from Steve saunders the same as the one on my rev 3 except in red rather than Black, Heath may well respond to this before I get to speak to him or you could try emailing Steve?

... 06 plastics but with the repsol 07 graphics applied. 07 beta tank graphics, black pro-taper bars and carbon fork guards with the repsol stickers on top. Also got v-force3 reed kit and carb mods etc and thinner base gasket and the timing advanced a bit. Lovely off the bottom end now.

Slight variation on the subject - but still about Beta's in black.

Does anyone know

1: Do the 4 stroke Beta Rev4 plastics fit a 2007 Rev3?

2: Are the Rev4 plastics available yet?

... 06 plastics but with the repsol 07 graphics applied. 07 beta tank graphics, black pro-taper bars and carbon fork guards with the repsol stickers on top. Also got v-force3 reed kit and carb mods etc and thinner base gasket and the timing advanced a bit. Lovely off the bottom end now.

Slight variation on the subject - but still about Beta's in black.

Does anyone know

1: Do the 4 stroke Beta Rev4 plastics fit a 2007 Rev3?

2: Are the Rev4 plastics available yet?

Yes... and no :(

They do fit. The TopTrial team Beta's have been seen with them on. But not available for sale just yet.. unless things have changed in the last couple of seeks. I believe it may not be until the next batch of rev4's are produced that the Mudguards will be on general release.

I assume if you own a rev-4 and you break a mudguard you can get replacements? (I don't own a rev-4 but I was just curious! :thumbup: )

Cheers,

... there is a red rear mudguard rev4 riding around in these parts. Not sure if that is still the case. I asked John Lampkin for a set of rev4 plastics as Barry wanted to go that route on his new rev3, but was told... not yet. But come the next bike delivery batch that may well change...

When you say 'next batch' is that not 2008??

I believe the red ones are now available.... drop Steve a message via his SXS site. He is a TC sponsor so you should be able to click on his link on here.

I am gradually adding black bits to my 05 rev3... wheels would be good but too much dosh for me at the moment. Hopefully a new machined v-mar top triple clamp with jitsie buzzbars will be the next thing.... here is mine as it stands.

heathsbike.jpg

how much were your plastics heath? i need the bike black before my dad will do the rims

R2W, how do you get on with those footrests tilted down at the front?

? you what tilted down? He has the origanal trialcast ones on there and they are at a normal angle, well they were last time he let me ride it anyway!

Jack I think for the black 2006 rear guard and the black 1998 Techno one you would be looking at around