How Do You Fit The Bash Plate On A Scorpa

bigdamo

Even a slight knock will stretch the alloy. When you remove it, the metal will spring back to its elastic position which means the holes don't quite line up. YOu can either bend it back into shape (harder to do than you might think) or you can enlarge/slot the holes a little.

When I did mine, I slotted the holes with a round file, then as the bolts tightened up, the plate went back to the correct shape under tension anyway. Perfect.

Just done mine....

Fit the front 2 bolts - loose

Scissor jack (car jack) underneath - jack it up into position - fit the two back bolts - loose

tighten all bolts up gradually - (couple of turns on each in sequence)

cheers

John.

Or... if you dont have a jack - put the two rear bolts in loosely (a couple on turns each nut) Then use either a longer bolt on one of the front holes just to pull it in, or a pair of vice grips or G Clamp to pull it in. This way you can get one of the original bolts in the second front hole, then when you get a few turns on that pull out the long bolt or release the vice grips and bung the second original bolt in. No Worries!

As has been said, front bolts first, loose. Then use mole grips to lift the rear uptowards the frame. I used to use two pairs, do one side a little then a bit moe on the other, tighter still on the first etc. Then add a bolt when you can and remove one of the grips, repeat on the other side.