Loud

skid

04 200

I pulled my exhaust off and cleaned it. Put a torch to the head pipe which wasn't bad to begin with. Torched the mid pipe and the silencer. I then repacked the silencer with moose fiberglass wrap. I used the all the material that came from moose. I rolled it around the core and than used 2 pieces of duct tape to keep it in place and stuffed it back into the silencer casing. I put it all together and now the bike is noticably louder. Especially at idle. gives off a slightly obnoxious bap bap bap bap. Keep in mind that one of my practice areas is in the middle of a 120 unit apartment complex that I run and live at. Before I played with the pipe it was very quiet. If someone said something I'd tell them to p*** off. Now it might be loud enough that they may have a point. From a normal stand point it's not bad but from a play in the middle of an apartment complex, or any american suburban neighborhood it's borderline. Was it gunked up so much it was muting the exhaust? Is the extra noise just a function of a clean pipe? I thought a freshly wrapped silencer would make things quieter