Cooling System Capacity.......

uhoh7

Anyone have the specs handy for how much fluid the rad, hoses and water pump hold?

I'm experimenting with water wetter: trying to figure how much to add....

ty sirs

last week........it's getting good now

P1000327.jpg

P1000338.jpg

P1000347.jpg

Edited by uhoh7

Can't help you with the coolong system specs but have to say, great job on the extra capacity tank and the seat. Great looking place to ride ... very nice. Looks like the perfect setup for bike and location,

Andrew

Where did you get your seat? And how do you like it?

Anyone have the specs handy for how much fluid the rad, hoses and water pump hold?

I'm experimenting with water wetter: trying to figure how much to add....

ty sirs

last week........it's getting good now

P1000327.jpg

P1000338.jpg

P1000347.jpg

I looked around and could not find the spec for the cooling system capacity. Your best bet will be to drain your cooling system and measure how much fluid comes out.

I found this on the GG website regarding the radiator cap:

The cap is a pressure type cap that helps to pressurize the system. This reduces cavitation at the water pump vane and raises the boiling point of the coolant two degrees for each pound of pressure. If there are no other signs of overheating, it may have lost some tension so what you may want to try first is to add a large o-ring that just fits into the radiator neck. This will take up the clearance. Make sure the flat rubber gasket is in good shape so it seals well. Add coolant just up to the bottom of the neck to allow some room for expansion when the coolant heats up. If overfilled, it's normal for the radiator to release some coolant when the engine warms up.

I'd go with 1 cap full. I used 2 caps in a 640 KTM and 3 caps in a VFR and it dropped the temp in the VFR by 8-9 degrees C.

Now where did you get that tank/seat ! I think I recall it was France, but where and how much ?

btw - the capacity is less than 1 litre

Edited by cdn280

• 10 years later...