Ohio National

trialsurfer

Hats off to the TI team for putting together a great trials. Even with the rain there was a surprising amount of traction. Tons of fun.

Pat had a pretty bad crash on 12 on sunday on his first loop. Andrew looked tired but the kid kept going.

--Biff

Must agree that was a ton of fun. First national for me and had a blast. Thanks to all that worked on the event.

Them PRO guys are just awesome. No idea how they found traction where they did.

Hey Biff,

Nobody can finish at the bottom of the pack like TEAM WGASA.................with a huge smile. :)

How's your head dude? :o

My head is solid. Not to much to damage there.

Jim,

Come down to broome tioga for the ahrma event on friday.... You dont need to work! Looking at sundays scores Cody got me by only a couple of points. DARN! one less 5 couple less dabs story may have been different. Such is life in the world of trials.

What would have happened if i just didnt touch the ground as much? <-- I need that on a bumper sticker.... hahahahah

--Biff

I just realized something here. Florin timed out on section 12 in the last loop had a 3 took a 5. Then he ended up loosing the day by 1 point..... Oooooo so close you could have tasted it!!!!! That is great competition right there. Smage is a spot on rider. Nice work! :o

--Biff

Yes, it was a real nail biter. Smage actually went to pieces on the 3rd loop 5-ing several sections. He just couldn't seem to get his confidence, but his amazing 2 point 2nd loop put him so far in front that even his 20 point 3rd loop kept him in the lead.

This is turning out to be a great season, probably going to go all the way down to the wire. The scores don't quite show it yet, but both Keith and Bruce finally seem to be getting comfortable on their new rides. On Saturday Bruce was tied with Cody after 2 loops with 16 points, and Keith had an amazing 5 point 3rd loop on Saturday as well. Will Ibsen had some really impresive rides, I'd expect some podium finishes from Will in the future. He was the only one to clean the gnarly section 6 on Sunday.

Yep, Chris timed out not 20 feet from the exit gate on section 12. Patrick ALMOST timed out, he bonzaied down the hill toward the gate, crashing just as he crossed gate and headed up the muddy river bank. It was a spectacular finish to say the least.

I've got the first of my photos up from the Sat event, I should have the Sunday pix up in a few more days.

http://www.vmar.com/NATC_2007_05_Pro.html

http://www.vmar.com/NATC_2007_05_EX.html

I checked Section 11 on Saturday and Section 10 on Sunday. I thought they were challenging for all classes but especially challenging for Expert riders. That drop off the ledge on Sunday had to be intimidating but everyone attempted it without much carnage. It was fun watching all the riders and everyone coming through seemed to be having a good time. No one yelled at me, spit at me or gave me the "stink eye" which made it that much better. Thanks everyone!

"Stink Eye", I like that one! Something new!

Just give 'um the #1 sign with about the third finger, maybe the fourth! They don't know what to think about that anyway, and once they figure out you are just as stupid as them, they don't mess with you, much!

Just be fair and consistant! <_<