Gas Gas Cadet 80

hensley

They are a very good bike. They obviously are lower than the REV80 so are good for the smaller rider. Some complain it lacks bottom end compared to the REV80 but if your daughter is used to "revvy" little bikes it shouldn't be a problem. As she grows I think the 21/19 wheels can be fitted but I'd check other parts will not need upgrading as well.

I have heard one parent stating that the REV80 this year is a better bike than last years but Beta haven't said anything about "tweaking" it. I have also heard some rumours about a "new" REV80 coming next year.

The V-rubber is better than the Chinese/Taiwanese tyres fitted to most 17/19 inch bikes as they tend to be very hard. In fact I've never heard of the tyres on REV50's wearing out!!

That little Cadet was a nice looking little bike.

I wonder if there are some porting issues with the 50/70 Gas Gas

motor for trials. I'm sure that motor is a Morini designed for MX.

Vee Rubber tires looked and felt MILES ahead of the Chen Shins.

Hi There

I would agree that the Cadet is a cracking looking little bike. Wish it had been around 3/4 years ago when my lad was in D class.

In the end I think it comes down to size and ability. My 11 year old is 140 cm tall and handles his Beta Rev80 quite nicely, although he's been riding one for nearly 3 years.

Less than 140 cms and just learning I'd go for the Gas Gas. Otherwise it has to be the Beta.

Good luck.

Mike

• 9 years later...