Beta '07 250 'popping'

helloyes

Hi can anyone help i have a 2007 beta rev3 250 it has popped on small throttle openings sounds like a machine gun ! runs perfect love it to bits but people keep telling me its noisy its done a few hours now and has'nt settled down i have changed the pilot jet to a 27.5 re-set the float height and changed the plug to a 5 none of this made a differance i was told to try moving the ignition a couple of degrees this made no differance just pinked on idle still popped fuel mix is 75:1 only thing i havent checked is the silencer packing but i think its fuel burning in the header pipe doing it hope one of you guys can shed some light on this just to stop everyone moaning about the noise !!

You should be able to tune the worst of the popping out by turning the mixture screw, warm the bike up and turn at 1/8th at a time untill it gets better. Take a look at your plug colour as well to see if its running to lean

do you plug the exhaust when you wash the bike?if you dont,water will ruin the silencer packing much quicker than normal,would be well worth checking,also make sure all the exhaust joints are properly sealed.ive got an 06 270 and fitted boyesen reeds which smoothed it out dramatically,if youve never changed yours and its done a good few hours it cant do any harm to change them anyway,theyre only about 30 quid and really make a difference

Hi can anyone help i have a 2007 beta rev3 250 it has popped on small throttle openings sounds like a machine gun ! runs perfect love it to bits but people keep telling me its noisy its done a few hours now and has'nt settled down i have changed the pilot jet to a 27.5 re-set the float height and changed the plug to a 5 none of this made a differance i was told to try moving the ignition a couple of degrees this made no differance just pinked on idle still popped fuel mix is 75:1 only thing i havent checked is the silencer packing but i think its fuel burning in the header pipe doing it hope one of you guys can shed some light on this just to stop everyone moaning about the noise !!

If its only a few hours old, take it back to the dealer in its original condition.