08 Rev 3

mad4it

Andy, send us a picture of it will ya :rolleyes:

It's taken JL this long to manage to send text emails. It'll be another 5 years or so before he gets to grips with attachments! :rolleyes:

I here the 08 bikes have quite a few mods one of which is a keihin

carb, about b****y time it's only took years for them to listen!

For 10 years the team riders have used the Mikuni in the ssdt, world rounds etc, and from experience the Keihin can be a bugger to get set up right. Little bit of adjustment on the mikuni, about 15 minutes worth, and it is fine. Still, it will give people something else to moan about for a change :rolleyes:

Andy, send us a picture of it will ya :rolleyes:

The team riders have a bit more time and expertise spent on there bikes to get them spot on

than most people have ,so hopefully the point in them fitting the keihin is to move on

not go backwards!

Well done beta, at last the Mikuni will be put in its rightfull place in a dark and damp museum where it belongs, some Betas run fine with it but many dont, this swap is well over due and i think the pwk28 will transform the Rev3 as the Dellorto does. Great bikes but let down by a nasty carb you have mod yourself to make the bike run ok. I very nearly fitted a pipe from the overflow back into the petrol tank as I could swear it spilt more than ever went in. Hope the pics of the 08 are out soon online, should be a really good bike now out of the crate

It has different crankcases, cylinder, air box, Keihin carb etc

Sounds like a lot more than just a new carb. I'm happily surprised to see a new 2t, I didn't think we would be seeing any real new 2t's with all the 4t's comimg out. Good job Beta for putting out the effort :rolleyes:

Having ridden the 08 250 beta i can say that the keihin is an improvement

over the mikuni,they have now got the carb sitting more or less level

with a different inlet manifold and airbox.It is very nice !

If Lampkin had a pre production one at hawkstone, did anyone get a pic of it. i dont know why they want to change the airbox when its ok, i remember the way the air filter went on the early ones, what a b*****ks

Hey Barry, do you know if anyone got a pic of it??!! :D

If Lampkin had a pre production one at hawkstone, did anyone get a pic of it. i dont know why they want to change the airbox when its ok, i remember the way the air filter went on the early ones, what a b*****ks

Hey Barry, do you know if anyone got a pic of it??!! :D

Ummmm well I hope this wasn't a serious question? or am I the only person that can see the picture I posted a couple of posts back?

Pre-production one was just that! 07 bike with the 08 engine and carb. No one was letting on about any possible frame changes nor the colour and what with Italy being on annual shut down for about 6 weeks now it will be a long wait till we know any more I think!

My guess same frame white plastics with red and black decals