Petrol/oil Mix On 315r

cota315r

Hi

Just bought a Cota 315R and according to the manual the mix should be 80:1. I think that is 80 parts of petrol (in UK liters) to 1 part of oil (it gives the oil in cm cubed).

First I don't know how to work out what 1cm cubed is in plain English. Is it 1ml?

Also my brain hurts when I try and work out how much 80 parts of 1 liter is! Is it 800ml?

If this is correct , and I really doubt it is, then for every 800ml of petrol I should put 1ml of oil. So for a 5litre can of petrol I should put in 6.25ml right?

Seems a bit on the weak side to me. My crosser has nearly double this. Guess I got my math wrong right?

Can somebody correct me and explain to me how I work out what I should actually put in a 5litre can of petrol please!

Cheers

John

Hi

Thanks chaps thats cleared it up for me!

Its roughly half what I put in my crosser.

Think I need to get a measuring jug to make sure I get it right and than have 2 separate cans of premix!

Cheers

John

Hi

Think I need to get a measuring jug to make sure I get it right and than have 2 separate cans of premix!

Cheers

John

Just think of each litre as a 1000 (thousand), divided by 80 gives you 12.5 so as already posted 62.5 for 5 litres. I run my 2003 315 at 80:1 on the strawberry flavoured Ipone oil with no problems.

Graham

Hi

Cheers

John

80:1 always worked for me, when using Fully SYNTHETIC oil.

Your MX bike needs more oil as it spends more time at higher rpm's.

Trials bikes spend a lot of time at low rpm's.

However if your going to trail ride your 315 have a think about the 80:1, you might want to go back

to factory recommended 1.5% which is 66:1

Hi

Just bought a Cota 315R and according to the manual the mix should be 80:1. I think that is 80 parts of petrol (in UK liters) to 1 part of oil (it gives the oil in cm cubed).

First I don't know how to work out what 1cm cubed is in plain English. Is it 1ml?

Also my brain hurts when I try and work out how much 80 parts of 1 liter is! Is it 800ml?

If this is correct , and I really doubt it is, then for every 800ml of petrol I should put 1ml of oil. So for a 5litre can of petrol I should put in 6.25ml right?

Seems a bit on the weak side to me. My crosser has nearly double this. Guess I got my math wrong right?

Can somebody correct me and explain to me how I work out what I should actually put in a 5litre can of petrol please!

Cheers

John

The easiest way to do it is use a Ratio-Rite mixing cup. Takes all the guesswork out of it.

Link: http://www.tryalsshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=176

The marks only go up to 70:1, but it is easy to tell where 80:1 would be.

Edited by DGShannon