ishy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got these images through in July along with the text

"Find attached the industrial design of the new Xispa X250R.

Registered number: D0503952-01

If you want to see the new Xispa X250R, you must go to WTC in Andorra 1 & 2th September 2007.

Xispa X250R (Made in Spain).

Good quality, Good bike, Good design and Good price ( About 30% off, than others Trial bikes) Spare parts 50% off.

We hope to see you in Andorra

post-20-1186482126_thumb.jpg

post-20-1186482145_thumb.jpg

The small trials manufacturers are finding it hard as it is, basically running on passion with most return going back into test and development and running the team, I can't see this being good for the sport.

If anyone can just buy a Beta, Gas Gas, Sherco and send it to China, to have it cloned to churn out reproductions at a fraction of the cost, then sell to the public at half price of the original item.

Of course they will sell plenty, Joe consumer can't pass on the deal !! what happens to the company who spent all the time, effort, $, building the machine in the first place.

i think we've all learnt this lesson before,buying something like a new bike at low cost you know it's gonna break on you well before it's time,sorry but you just can't buy quality on the cheap,engine part's will wear quickier etc etc,i guess that's how there thinking of making there money back.

They've called it a crap name to top it all.

The Chinese motorcycle industry is at the bottom of avery steep learning curve,their metallurgy and suspension knowledge is pitiful.Examine/own one of their pitbikes to see what I mean.China's price advantage comes from a workforce that works all week for a bowl of rice,but that won't be the same much longer.I would want to see their bike onthe market sucessfully for a couple of years with proper spares /importer back up before I bought one

The Chinese motorcycle industry is at the bottom of avery steep learning curve,their metallurgy and suspension knowledge is pitiful.Examine/own one of their pitbikes to see what I mean.China's price advantage comes from a workforce that works all week for a bowl of rice,but that won't be the same much longer.I would want to see their bike onthe market sucessfully for a couple of years with proper spares /importer back up before I bought one

You may well be right on the technical front, but I wouldn't expect the cheap labour to change too much. They are similar to India in being able to afford 75% turnover of staff, there's plenty more where they came from.

China has the potential to own the world in years to come, they already own more than we realise.

So is a good second hand bike for 2000 or 2500 a better deal than a new cheapo knock off version, I can see the attraction to the punter to buy a new one, but has many know TV's VCR's all eletrical type products are now built over there, and many other items including toothpaste containing polyglycol, kid's toys painted with led, and food items with cardboard filler to make up the bulk.

I would rather have a job and pay more for a spanish built bike then no job and not be able to afford the knock off, companies spend a lot of time and $ to make a product, why bother if it will be imediately copied and sold half price.

So is a good second hand bike for 2000 or 2500 a better deal than a new cheapo knock off version, I can see the attraction to the punter to buy a new one, but has many know TV's VCR's all eletrical type products are now built over there, and many other items including toothpaste containing polyglycol, kid's toys painted with led, and food items with cardboard filler to make up the bulk.

I would rather have a job and pay more for a spanish built bike then no job and not be able to afford the knock off, companies spend a lot of time and $ to make a product, why bother if it will be imediately copied and sold half price.

China is the new Japan of the 60's/70's where they sneaked in and dominated. Then we saw the demise of long standing British traditional marques.

They aren't doing anything that hasn't been done before by someone else and quite frankly, there really isn't a lot you can do particularly as Sherco don't seem to have any IP protection on their machine. :wacko: