Changing Main Bearings, Anything To Watch Out For?

glyph

All done =)

Engine's back together and waiting to be put back on the bike. I've taken loads of pictures so will do a full write-up soon.

One question though, it seems quite stiff when I kick it over, is this normal? bearing in mind there's no oil in it yet.

Just need to wait for the stator and clutch centre before i can get her running again.

Oh ye, and then perhaps a new CDI =S

Thanks for all your help guys.

I'm half tempted to ask what oil you all use Lol =)

Dont mean to be funny t--t but did you split the crank and change your crank rod as these wear as much as main bearings! i once found out on my old 97 techno i rebuilt engine with new bearings and seals and piston! and after 3 hours of riding the crank rod siezed and fu--ed new crank bearings!

Dont mean to be funny t--t but did you split the crank and change your crank rod as these wear as much as main bearings! i once found out on my old 97 techno i rebuilt engine with new bearings and seals and piston! and after 3 hours of riding the crank rod siezed and fu--ed new crank bearings!

=S Bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. But no, I didn't realise this was an issue. Think I'll take the chance now. I don't use it for competition, I've only ever had ten minutes riding out of it.

Baldilocks, think its that new fangled text talk writing for Laugh My a*** Off mate :blink:

Glyph any chance of a full write up when your done????

I know there will be loads of us wanting to know how to do this if some havent already!

Your efforts/mistakes are refreshing that we are not the only ones!

Also you may find this interesting....A full engine rebuild

http://offwidth.co.uk/bike/crm_rebuild/index.html

Although its a crm most of the principles are the same

Thanks for that Beta Bodger, and all of the advice you have given me in the past.

Full write up is now available at:

http://www.glyndavidson.co.uk/hobbies/trials/

If you have any comments on the write up, please feel free and click on a specific image and leave me your comments there.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice guys. I've got a new clutch centre and stator arriving today so hopefully I'll get it firing =D

If not, expect to hear more from me :P

Reet then =)

Had no problem at all starting her up and she purrrrred like a kitten. Left her running for a couple of minutes without any problem. Then put her into gear and gave her a rev to make sure the front sprocket was turning in the right direction then she cut out and wouldn't start again.

I've taken the plug out and am not getting a spark. I've just cleaned up the connections to the coil but that's made no difference; still no spark. Any suggestions?

Whilst I