Comerfords 340 Sherpas.

bulltaco

It hasn't been ridden much last few years can you tell?

The rear engine to swingingarm bracket is a standard one with the two engine bolt holes moved back to allow the spindle forward. Angled top with file so doesnt look standard.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

On the rear frame of the Reynolds bike that i have seen (different to the one in the picture!)

-the swingarm is much longer and goes right up to just behind the front sprocket

and has no swingarm spindle, just bosses between the cases and frame.

It also has a silver frame and airbox and exhaust like vestys (to be sold on ebay today ) 340.

There were 2 different bikes that John Reynolds rode that were modded one after the other.

The one i know of is still owned by an ex comerfords employee.

On the rear frame of the Reynolds bike that i have seen (different to the one in the picture!)

-the swingarm is much longer and goes right up to just behind the front sprocket

It also has a silver frame and airbox and exhaust like vestys (to be sold on ebay today ) 340.

There were 2 different bikes that John Reynolds rode that were modded one after the other.

I was never sure whether the one I have as above was Reynolds but its possible, and as big john says his name is stamped on the engine from this bike. Would love to see a photo of the swnging arm set up can you get one? My main intrest is how they fixed the back engine bracket?

Vesty's frame is white.

On the Reynolds bike (I'm assuming the last one before they stopped modifying) the swingarm mount, as mentioned before, is right behind the gearbox sprocket, or, in a vertical line, directly under the carb with no through spindle, just located either side to the frame plates. The front frame tube from swingarm up to seat was bent forward as it descends to move the pivot forwards.

The rear engine mount has some large bracket work to hold it but can't see exactly how it's done in the photo I have (can't post photos) It must be fixed to the frame somewhere.

I see what you mean about the Vesty bike having scalloped rear crankcases now - I thought you meant the crankcases themselves which isn't possible due to the internals, hence my earlier comment, but it is the engine mounting boss that is scalloped away, it doesn't go into the actual crankcase which is what I thought was meant originally.

On the Reynolds bike (I'm assuming the last one before they stopped modifying) the swingarm mount, as mentioned before, is right behind the gearbox sprocket

I can conceive how this was achieved on the sprocket side but how was it done on the primary crankcase side?

Sorry Dabster, I was wrong again.

On the clutch side, the pivot mount sits right up against the clutch case, just above the selector shaft. I'd assume from the way it is done that the engine has to go in after the swingarm is fitted and the engine has to come out to remove the swingarm.

Read my post again - i AM talking about the John reynolds bike with the grey frame - not

Vesty's bike which yes has a white frame , which is actually situated next to me.

Sorry yes with the two and's in one sentence I misunderstood. It is impossible to move both pivots further forward than the picture above, the only way I can see it would be possible is with only one pivot gearbox sprocket side. Look at vestys bike and the spindle is almost touching the cases, rhs. The only solution would be a very narrow pivot rhs is that how its done? Wouldn't this compromise stability?