07 Scorpa 4t

blok

had a couple of goes on one and i personally couldn't even begin to ride it, but the bloke whose it was is fantastic on it. He rides old 4t hondas though and i ride my 300 Raga so given time i may of found it easier. Definatly get a good go on one before commiting to it..
ok bill cheers bud ill pass on info to im he rides 07 2t now but fancies 4t. cant understand it meself but im buying 07 2t off him at bargain price an get rid of me nutty txt 03 thanks again blok

• 2 weeks later...

I usually ride a Raga 300. Tried an 07 4T Scorpa just this week, its very heavy but has an ok performance. Definately better than the 06 model, the 07 has an accellerator pump on the DellOrto carb which improves the low end response. Dont know about the 08 changes, but bound to be helpful. A friend has one and he tends to stall the bike a lot, not much flywheel weight I reckon. Best to try one and see. I thought the Scorpa 2T went well but takes a bit of adjusting to with its odd rear suspension and far reaching footrest position. Good responsive motor and well selected gear ratios.

Bye, PeterB.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I got an 07 4stroke Scorpa about 2 weeks ago. It was different than my Gas Gas by far. It took a few rides to get use to it. Now I like it a whole lot. Easier to balance and it feels more stable than the Gas Gas I have. Not as much power as the Gas Gas, but all the power in the Gas Gas got me in trouble quite a few times. Its very smooth with a lot of low end power. I had to change my timing when I would come to an obstacle because of the difference between the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke. I am riding in my first event this weekend on it. I guess that will be the real test.

Rode my first event yesterday. I had a blast on the new bike. The trial was in the high desert in Northen Arizona. Lots of thick sand. Did quite well in the sand. I Liked the bike on the ups and on the drop offs. I learned more each loop on how to ride the bike. By the last loop it started to come together. For example. when going at an obstacle you really have to go for it. Not letting off a little then giving it more throttle. I had to give it throttle to get the front wheel up and then nail it to get the bike up the rest of the way. A little different from my 2 stroke. Over all I was impressed with the bike. Now keep in mind I am only an intermediate rider so I am not that good anyway.... Can't wait for the next event.