How Do I Check The Stator

brianl

Hi guys

Is there any way to check the stator on my 2002 rev 3. There is no spark now and it was runing rough before that. I have tried a new plug and

checked all the conections. Any help would be much appreciated. Brian

Hi guys

Is there any way to check the stator on my 2002 rev 3. There is no spark now and it was runing rough before that. I have tried a new plug and

checked all the conections. Any help would be much appreciated. Brian

The stator often breaks down under load therefore it is difficult to offer specific readings, it is worth checking that the kill switch is ok and not providing an inadvertant path to earth. But it is most likely that you will have to part with

Update

A new stator on order whch hopefully will cure my problem of no spark. The next question is the flywheel nut left or right hand thread. Any tips other than use a impact gun to get the flywheel off. Thanks for the help

BRIAN

Update

A new stator on order whch hopefully will cure my problem of no spark. The next question is the flywheel nut left or right hand thread. Any tips other than use a impact gun to get the flywheel off. Thanks for the help

BRIAN

right hand thread m8

I ordered an impact gun from ebay a few days ago, to get my flywheel off, and it still hasnt turned up..AND I'm getting no communication from them now...something like powertime online is there name...so you might want to beware of going down that route. Good ol' ebay eh!

Was cheap anyway, so I guess I'll just have to go and find one elsewhere.

There are other tools that you can use/make/improvise, but personally I've wanted an air impact wrench for ages, so i guessed this was a good excuse to get one. B)

Thanks guys, I hope it does come in useful, being new to this myself I would have loved to have found a similar guide.

here's the impact wrench i bought off ebay, no hassle what so ever and I am very pleased with it.

ebay impact wrench

brianl, some people suggest cutting a small groove in the bottom of the flywheel cover to let any water drain out.

I've no idea if it works or not, but I've followed this advice myself.