Is There A Medium Sized Van Out There That Will Take 2 Extra Seats And 3 Bikes?

dougielampshade

Can anybody enlighten me as to a van that seats 3 in the front, will accommmodate 2/3 extra seats in the back or has crew-cab and will take 3+ bikes in the back, without going as big as the obvious LWB Sprinter/Iveco. My mate's got a Vauxhall Vivaro and it goes like a car, this is what i would ideally go for but it's not quite big enough. I need to park on my drive, and also dont fancy a big clumsy thing that gets stuck easily and 5's the car park before i even get my bike out. Cheers

It al depends on how easy you want it to be to load. I have had a VW transporter r reg short wheel base 5 people 3 bike all seperate. V reg merc vito same again. If you have a Long wheel base VW it makes it allot easier.

Any more question don't hesitate to come back. I have pictures of the merc that i have just sold, which was spot on for trials.

Can anybody enlighten me as to a van that seats 3 in the front, will accommmodate 2/3 extra seats in the back or has crew-cab and will take 3+ bikes in the back, without going as big as the obvious LWB Sprinter/Iveco. My mate's got a Vauxhall Vivaro and it goes like a car, this is what i would ideally go for but it's not quite big enough. I need to park on my drive, and also dont fancy a big clumsy thing that gets stuck easily and 5's the car park before i even get my bike out. Cheers

you can get long wheel base vivaros but i feel they dont like much abuse unlike transits

It al depends on how easy you want it to be to load. I have had a VW transporter r reg short wheel base 5 people 3 bike all seperate. V reg merc vito same again. If you have a Long wheel base VW it makes it allot easier.

Any more question don't hesitate to come back. I have pictures of the merc that i have just sold, which was spot on for trials.

I've fancied a Vito but I thought they looked too small?

Hi,

Can you post the pics on here or PM them to me please , so i can see .

thanks

HI guys

you could do all of this in a LWB transporter though it would be tight, NO chance with a SWB of any make.

Ive built three extra seats in the back (6 in total now) and can only just get my bike in the back diagonaly. THough there is a frame in there running lenghways about 10 " in, either side to support the bed if I Make this up. Even without this I think two would be pushing it . YOu would have to leave at least 2m in the back (bikes are all about this length) to get the three in side by side, which is possible but you wouldnt have much leg room for the seats.

You can pick up the older T4 LWB now quite cheap though. Go on to VW website and it might still have the dimensions of the T4. If youve got the money though get the T5, supperb vans.

• 4 weeks later...

Ask around about the Volkswagen T5 before you buy. The 5 cylinder ones are weak, with a whole host of problems. My 174 BHP spent 45 days at the dealers before i sold it. If you must have one, make sure it has warranty. Briefly, heres some of what you can look forward to-Water pump, p/steer pump, turbo,gearbox,flywheel,ecu,driveshafts, oil cooler. I could go on, but dont take my word for it, if anyones considering one,print off this list and go and ask at any VW workshop. if these are known problems.

Ask around about the Volkswagen T5 before you buy. The 5 cylinder ones are weak, with a whole host of problems. My 174 BHP spent 45 days at the dealers before i sold it. If you must have one, make sure it has warranty. Briefly, heres some of what you can look forward to-Water pump, p/steer pump, turbo,gearbox,flywheel,ecu,driveshafts, oil cooler. I could go on, but dont take my word for it, if anyones considering one,print off this list and go and ask at any VW workshop. if these are known problems.

All new vw's come with a decent warranty, and touch wood my 60,000 mile t5 174 has spent 3 hours non service in the dealership. Best most reliable van I have ever had.

Do fancy a V6 204 bhp merc though, chipped to 240!!!!

Any long wheel base vw or long vito will do 6 seats plus 3 bikes.

Hi, I have been looking at vans of that size for the last 4 months and have finally purchased one...a Toyota Hiace. Was tempted by the transporter but have heard from a lot of people that they are just not built like they used to be, and the parts are really expensive. Has a transit on test drive and it was really good, but a bit to 'tinny' for my liking. The hiace is excellent, really solidly built and i get about 45mpg out of it. If your in doubt about toyota, just look at the hilux they tryed to detroy on top gear!!!!! and the hiace has got the same d4d engine that the hilux has.

Edited by bowellsyboy