Cdi

stuessenhigh

HI all,

Got no spark on my Beta. Tried a new stator on it this morning, and that made no difference. I've looked really closely at all the wires and earths and they all seem fine.

Is there any way to check if the CDI is working OK???..and which black box is it?? there are 2 on my bike (05 Rev 3 270) ...one directly behind the headstock and one just on top of the radiator.

ANy help VERY gratefully received...havent completely given up hope of a ride tommorow yet, although its looking very unlikely B)

Disconnect the kill switch Stu if you havent tried that already, no spark from mine twice due to a kill switch, worth a go only take 2 mins, good luck hope to see you at nettleton.

And swap the plug cap for a different one as well, whilst its off kick her over and see if theres a spark off the H/T wire

Edited by The Addict

Ah bugger Stu, might have been an easy fix that :D cant you borrow one to try tonight? if its the CDI you'll need a new one, I had two go on my Gasser in 3 weeks so know how you feel, once at the start of a Trial as well. Barry will be knackered within 20 mins of one of Dads sections so you could borrow his bike for the rest of the day B)

Good luck though, hope you can sort it

Will do...thanks just.

as for borrowing a CDI....there aint really many trials riders near me unfortunately...just a few twinshock guys..so no chance of that.

Will be out in the shed tonight though, just in case....think its doubtfull that I'll see you tommorow though. B)

Thanks Aaron,

Got a CDI and coil on its way from Lampkins, and they said I can return the one I dont need. I just HOPE that one of them does fix it.

I was certain that it would be the stator...(very similar to the way it went on my previous Beta), but the new stator I put on last week made no difference at all, so ..like I say HOPEFULLY it will be the CDI or coil. Cant wait to get it running again. Even 2 weeks without it seems like an age!