Oset Battery Life

motomax

My boy Max has been riding his 16" Oset since March. He is 7 yrs old and weighs 50lbs with gear. Running the potentiometer wide open only delivers roughly 1.5 hrs ride time. We bought a spare battery from Ian and his support has been top notch. What are others finding for battery life? My boy loves the bike and rides it all the time.

My son mostly rides his in parking lots and school grounds etc. He beats the hell out of it going up and down stairs and slamming up curbs, The battery lasts about an hour or a bit longer. If we take it onto the dirt and he is climbing pretty steep 10 - 15 foot hills the battery life cuts back to about 3/4 hour. Quality has been pretty good overall. The first day he had it he pulled a wheelie and stepped off the back .... big crack in the rear fender, duct tape holds it together now.

I would definately recommend one to anyone who has a young kid who wants to learn. My boy rides it right outside the front door of our house with the other kids on their push bikes.

Hey John...

My son gets about 4 hrs out of his bike. Yet hes only 3 and weighs about 34 lbs. The pot is set to only 2 or so. Did you ever get more run time out of the bike when it was new?

Missed you this weekend, I only raced Sat. My son entered the Peewees on his OSET. He had a great time with Jack leading him around.

I have two of them. The 12.5 for my3 year old son and the 16 for my 6 year old daughter. They can ride them on and off all day on one charge no problem, but when my 8 year old son then rides his little sisters bike WFO it will only last about an hour.

Hey John...

My son gets about 4 hrs out of his bike. Yet hes only 3 and weighs about 34 lbs. The pot is set to only 2 or so. Did you ever get more run time out of the bike when it was new?

Missed you this weekend, I only raced Sat. My son entered the Peewees on his OSET. He had a great time with Jack leading him around.

We stayed close to home and did a NETRA Pee Wee Scramble on Sat. Max loves the format, 1+ hr of continuous racing thru the woods on his little KTM. I wish I could have made it but i was travelling all week and wanted to be home with my family for the holiday.

Jack has been a great with the youth program, we owe it all to him for getting it started.

Since new, The Oset has run 1 to 1.5 hrs depending on how much hill climbing you do. Constantly run it up steep hills and it dies even faster. We have a Beta 50 now so Max spends time on both bikes. The Beta is more for going out in the woods to practice the Oset is for the backyard.

Glad to see your boy is enjoying the bike, what a great way to start a riding career. I'll be at Exeter in a couple of weeks, hope to see you then.

• 4 months later...

I have the 12.5 model for my 3 year old. On flat ground dirt surface he will get around 2 - 2.5 hours out of the battery. He weighs 34lbs and

the power level is set to about 70 percent.

If he is in the lawn the grass will take the battery down to 2 hours tops.