New Twinshock Frame For Bsa Unit Single

beamish owners club

I cant see what all the fuss is about,I've just got back from a VMCC trial where I rode amongst 80 odd Brit bikes with just a handful of twinshocks.Mostly pre unit,from shed to posh,barb wire to polished billet.We all had a damn good thrash round and nobody moaned about me having modern levers on me HT. :thumbup:

Move to the South West if you want to ride or see old bikes being used....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see what all the fuss is about,I've just got back from a VMCC trial where I rode amongst 80 odd Brit bikes with just a handful of twinshocks.Mostly pre unit,from shed to posh,barb wire to polished billet.We all had a damn good thrash round and nobody moaned about me having modern levers on me HT. :thumbup:

Move to the South West if you want to ride or see old bikes being used....

Sounds more like the trials down here when I was riding more regularly. We used to get allsorts from barely viable Bantams to a HRD Comet in various states/quality of conversion + the just dug out the shed twinshocks and the then modern stuff.

Everyone had a good time. Sadly that club is no more!

Wayne...

The biggest problem with the up and coming generation is they don't know the difference between a phillips or flat head screw driver.(It's frightening)

recently 'interviewed' a 16 yr old for an apprentice spot he 'd got more certificates than you'd need to start a bonfire alsorts of stuff in his folder.. asked him to choose which was the claw hammer from between a claw and lump hammer.. took him two attempts to get the right one.. nice lad let down by an education system that rewards everyone with bits of paper and delivers nothing of value to an employer..

Edited by totalshell

recently 'interviewed' a 16 yr old for an apprentice spot he 'd got more certificates than you'd need to start a bonfire alsorts of stuff in his folder.. asked him to choose which was the claw hammer from between a claw and lump hammer.. took him two attempts to get the right one.. nice lad let down by an education system that rewards everyone with bits of paper and delivers nothing of value to an employer..

Remember these are also the, according to many in another thread on TC, future of trials. If they are the future then we had better make the most of it while we can :chairfall:

I think modern,cheap technology has alot to do with youngsters not being involved in older pursuits.My 13 yr old son is too busy making HDF films and uploading them onto You Tube to want to help me fix my bikes.... A couple of hundred quids worth of kit and he was away.(Plus kids seem to be born with IT skills in them now)

That and the education system that makes children feel that unless they go to Uni and get a degree they are a failure.(Forget the

Probably also goes back to the dumbing down in the education system when Engineering was viewed as a subject to be looked down on, personally think I K Brunel was a GOD ! and i so wanted to BE Jack Hargreaves when i were a lad but as usual i digress, and what really mattered was micky mouse degrees in media studies YUK!!! The future for trials doesnt look bright when you think hard and deep about it does it. Perhaps THIS is the Golden age ? one last gasp then it will be gone? :chairfall:

Oh as for the 40k debt dont forget until you are earning more than most of us can hope to you dont start paying it back and considering there are so many doing degrees just because the thought of doing a proper job frightens them 5hitless, my wife runs a hall of residence so i've got a fair insight into this one, then most wont ever pay it back anyway.

Oh what ever happened to meccano and model railways/aircraft/boats :popcorn:

OTF is right to ask about how a bike would be provided. I am open minded on this aspect, it might be best if the rider buys the bike but someone else might also want to see their bike being used again but retain ownership.

By whatever route rider and bike come together the care and maintenance, including cost, is definitely intended to be part of the rider

OTF is right to ask about how a bike would be provided. I am open minded on this aspect, it might be best if the rider buys the bike but someone else might also want to see their bike being used again but retain ownership.

By whatever route rider and bike come together the care and maintenance, including cost, is definitely intended to be part of the rider

Oh what ever happened to meccano and model railways/aircraft/boats :popcorn:

The same thing that happened to the British car and motorcycle industry! Wiped out by creative, inventive and talented foreign engineers, whilst the old gits who ran our industries stuck their heads in the sand.

Whilst its admirable that you`re thinking about the influx of new blood into the sport, its inevitable that numbers will decline, as most kids today have no connection with the bikes and just don`t `get` it.

Unless they are in a family of pre65 riders/fans, they have about as much interest in them as they do in steam trains, gramaphones or other out moded items of past technology.

You can`t blame the schools directly, there aren`t many(any ?) proper jobs or apprenticeships in engineering, construction etc that academically hopeless but hands on kids ( like I was ) can go into and learn a few skills these days, and `Mac` jobs paying minimum wage are the reason most kids stay on at Uni in the hope of avoiding.

There`s no shortage of young kids riding motocross, enduro, modern trials, mountain-biking, bmxing, karting, sailing, snowboarding, they`re not all on Playstations in their bedrooms.

The VMCC have noticed the numbers going down so they`ve been running `training days`, where you get to ride 25-30 bikes for about

I think that's a very good point. Its up to the current generation of ageing pre 65 riders to encourage younger riders to have a go. Its easy to dismiss all young people as lazy wasters who don't want to work etc etc (yawn) but that ain't the case. I say stop being miserable old gits and encourage young blood. Without that, as I said earlier, pre 65 is dying a slow death.