Txt Pro 2003

tyanything

Son has just bought himself a TXT Pro 2003 and no doubt I'll be the one maintaining it so first question is what is the petrol/oil mix?

I have a TY125 & TY250 Pinky so this is the first water cooled bike I'll have worked on.Prob the first of many questions so thanks in advance.

I loved my 92 pinky.

First to answer your question i use 80/1 in my txt pro.

A couple of great tech websites that you will want to book mark.

http://www.gasgas.com/tech.htm

and

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html

The owners manual pdf is in the second one for the 2004 pro. It is generically the same as your 03. Hope these help. Welcome go the wonderful world of gasgas.

--Biff

Hi TY and you too Biff,

I run my Gassers on 50:1 with mineral 2T oil.

When you come to change the gearbox oil, re-fill with 450 to 500 ml of a mineral 10 weight oil, or a good ATF rated to Dexron III. Do not use any synthetic oil in the gearbox. Also, watch for any "milkyness" in the oil sight glass as this usually indicates the water pump seal is passing, requiring a new seal kit - get the shaft and seal as the shaft tends to wear in a groove where the seal runs. The watery oil tends to swell the clutch fibres requiring a new plate set, or if not too financial, you can rub down the fibre plates on emery on a sheet of glass.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi TY,

I too run my gassers on a 50:1 mix (as stated in the handbook) without too much coking. Using synthetic helps reduce smoking and coking if you fancy splashing out a few quid more but mineral oil does the same job and is much cheaper. Many folk run a much leaner mix (i.e 80:1) without any problems so I guess it's up to you as to how much of a carbon footprint you want to blow out your exhaust ?????

Happy hopping

GJ :-)

Hi there Ty

Just a few tips;- 50:1 petrol mix is miles to much and 80:1 is not enough. You need run it at 65:1 that is 15ml of oil to 1 litre of petrol, that is the correct mix. Don't use Silkolene oil in your petrol as it is not good for the bikes and will gunk everything up like yours rings etc !!!

Gearbox oil, although it says 550ml in the hand book that is wrong you need to put 400ml in. If you put 550ml in it will just force it out of the over flow pipe. The best oil to use is the Atf fluid then you should'nt have any problems with your clutch dragging, if not any good light gear oil.

Hope this helps you Skywalker.

Thanks for reply's folks,much appreciated.Have decided to totally strip bike and rebuild! Next question....Radiator appears to be leaking and I was wondering if there is something I can add (Radweld or something) to the coolant to seal it and failing that where would I get a new radiator from? Thanks again.

John.

hello, i have an 04 300 and i have just done a strip down and rebuild, the radiator had ktm stamped on the side so i guess you could try ktm or gas gas for a new one and see who is cheaper!

as for the mix, i only got my gasser 10 days ago and mailed gas gas and they said 66:1 which is 75ml of oil, atf dextron 3 works great in the gearbox and is cheap enough!

• 1 month later...

Definately dont just use water. If you want to be really good, collect rain water in a plastic bucket to mix with the a/freeze.

Sorry I think I've just entered the world of a sad muppet with that one ! :guinness:

Thanks for the help,much appreciated!

Next question ......Manual for the Txt Pro 2004 gives the spark plug gap at 0.6.Is the Txt Pro 2003 the same?

Checked gap on the old plug which is 0.8 so could someone tellme the correct size?

Also how many turns out for the pilot screw on the carb?

Thanks again.

Edited by TYAnything