Sherco 320 4t

hop blip and a jump

Gee Chris, you know what happens once you go black!

As Ishy stated, the 44 tooth off the 125 bikes may be a good option! I have done this on a 2.9 as well. Dropping the front one tooth is a bit too much it seems, not unlike the Honda though, most I know changed to a 43 or 44 on the rear for comfort. The Sherco has a better clutch is seems. A simple change to the SHORTIE clutch lever can make a difference as it has a longer pivot arm than the medium length stockers! Just a thought! I can assure you it IS a 320!

:o

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a chance to ride the new 320 at the new Mexico national it does have a very nice strong motor ! 320 cc ! it works ! I have a beta 4- stroke so I am partial.

The scorpa 4-stroke is nice just a little big feeling, nice motor, had one of them also.

Chris:

I went the opposite of what Ishy did with my 4T> Stock rear sprocket is 42T and I geared up to a 40T. I find it much better because I can use 1st gear, 2nd most of the time, and 3rd for anything big!!! Also, 4th turns into the trail riding gear, and 5th is brilliant for motoring down the roads.

steve

You see, same intent, different approach, specially for the guys that want and need the BIG third gear!(Steve is an ex-pro) The pure velocity of that bike, with that gearing, in 3rd at WOT is scarey!

That is why I just lug the 2.9 around in 2nd with stock gear, it seldome hits the uncontrollable state needed to pop up the 5-6 footers!

It is not the going up that scares me, just the coming down if I don't make it! :o

Thanks guys,

When I said I was worried I was just joking :o

I rode it for about 45 minutes today at my house and as I expected I need to gear it down. I have tended to gear down my last few bikes, put a 44 on the Montesa and put a 9 counter shaft on the '06 2.9 that I had. The funny thing is I usually then ride most sections in second gear. I don't know why but 2nd feels better to me on a geared down bike than first with stock gearing :o then in tight spots I do use first. I just swapped the 44 sprocket off my Montesa so I will see how that feels at the trial this weekend.

As mentioned it definitely has plenty of snap. The two stage mapping switch softens it a little. I let my son ride it for a little bit and the first thing he said was it was "jumpy". Of course he was trying to ride it like his 80. He then decided he really liked it when he discovered he could ride wheelies much longer on this than he could on his bike. The only other 3.2 I have been around is the '05 that Steve now has and it seemed pretty quite, hearing someone else ride this bike it seemed louder. To me it almost sounds like a vintage 4t trials bike. I also realised I'm probably not a very responsible parent for letting an eight year old ride a 320cc bike. Heck if we lived on the other side of the pond wouldn't he still be on a 50?

I will say they fixed all their hot start problems, started easy every time without even using the hot start lever and unlike the Montesa it starts in gear :rotfl:

Edited by sirhc

Thanks guys,

When I said I was worried I was just joking :o

I rode it for about 45 minutes today at my house and as I expected I need to gear it down. I have tended to gear down my last few bikes, put a 44 on the Montesa and put a 9 counter shaft on the '06 2.9 that I had. The funny thing is I usually then ride most sections in second gear. I don't know why but 2nd feels better to me on a geared down bike than first with stock gearing :o then in tight spots I do use first. I just swapped the 44 sprocket off my Montesa so I will see how that feels at the trial this weekend.

As mentioned it definitely has plenty of snap. The two stage mapping switch softens it a little. I let my son ride it for a little bit and the first thing he said was it was "jumpy". Of course he was trying to ride it like his 80. He then decided he really liked it when he discovered he could ride wheelies much longer on this than he could on his bike. The only other 3.2 I have been around is the '05 that Steve now has and it seemed pretty quite, hearing someone else ride this bike it seemed louder. To me it almost sounds like a vintage 4t trials bike. I also realised I'm probably not a very responsible parent for letting an eight year old ride a 320cc bike. Heck if we lived on the other side of the pond wouldn't he still be on a 50?

I will say they fixed all their hot start problems, started easy every time without even using the hot start lever and unlike the Montesa it starts in gear :rotfl:

So at the first ride you would say you are happy with it? Whats it like at slow tight turns?.

I got a chance to ride the new 320 at the new Mexico national it does have a very nice strong motor ! 320 cc ! it works ! I have a beta 4- stroke so I am partial.

The scorpa 4-stroke is nice just a little big feeling, nice motor, had one of them also.

What is your impression of the difference between the beta 250 4T and the sherco? I expect the beta is significantly softer, but is it any less capable? Thanks for any thoughts. I'm looking forward to trying one soon.

So at the first ride you would say you are happy with it? Whats it like at slow tight turns?.
how does it compare to the 4rt you had??? harder or easier to ride ???

After riding it in a trials this weekend the short answer is, I do really like the bike :o

After changing the gearing it feels perfect for me. I really like the motor and the way the bike handles. The geometry and steering is so much better than the '06 2.9 that I had. I never could get along with that bike. The 4t turns way better than the '06. Gearing it down really helps in the slow tight turns.

The bike started really easy all day, never used the hot start. It didn't even want the choke in the morning. They took there biggest problem and made it one of their best features.

Comparing it to my Montesa

Things that I like better;

Power, More torque right off the bottom as you would expect from an extra 70cc's

Starts easy in gear

lighter

Riding position, this surprised me because I have always felt comfortable on the Montesa and not as much on Sherco's.

Things not as good;

Suspension, I love the Montesa suspension especially the rear shock

EFI, there is no substitute for fuel injection. Just get on and go no matter where you are, no worries. I never had an issue with it while I rode it, but the Sherco will cough and stall under extreme conditions as any 4t with a carb will.

It vibrates more and doesn't have the same finished feel while riding as a 4rt.

Some people might like the softer bottom end power of the Montesa & the Montesa also rev's faster.

If this bike had a better shock and fuel injection it might be the perfect bike. As it stands now I really like it and am happy with it :rotfl:

I have no idea what jets are in mine, but as the ex-Paxau bike that it is, it runs perfect as is!!! I am having so much fun on it and being continually amazed of everything that it can do well! I think the only thing I will eventually do is buy an Ohlins rear shocker for it, maybe an early Chirstmas present! Enjoy Chis, and pray for some rain and you will really enjoy it!

Enjoy Chis, and pray for some rain and you will really enjoy it!

But then I would get it dirty :D Steve does your bike have a Dellorto or a Keihin. I was surprised to see the '07 has a PWK Keihin. Stock jetting seems good to me, I only adjusted the air screw a little. As I mentioned above it only coughs when I tryed to make it cough, it didn't do it once under normal riding conditions for me.

copemech Posted Today, 07:21 PM

Would like to see Cody on 4T!

Next time I see him I will take a picture of him riding my bike. If I go with a different shock I will let you know. I don't know about the cheap part though :D

Edited by sirhc