Should I Buy A Rev4?

hop blip and a jump

Shannon I hear you should get yours tomorrow, mine will be here on friday. Can't wait I enjoyed my 07 4-stroke and the 08 should be even better !

Yes, the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow! Once the driver drops mine off, he is headed to Austin to drop off another, for a riding buddy there. I am not aware of anymore, out of the first batch of 4-strokes, coming to Texas. I have not owned a Beta since 1999, so I am anxious to have one again. Especially the 4-stroke. I have had a Scorpa SY175F (143cc) and SY250F, so am well adjusted to the 4-stroke. Can't wait to see how well Beta has pulled it off. Expectations are high, but I am confident that they will be met, and probably exceeded.

- Darrell

Darrell if I can help you with anything on the Beta 4- stroke drop me a pm or email, i'd be happy to help. Your expectations will be met !

Thanks. So far, so good. Spent the evening getting all the decals on, primping and polishing, adjusting and tweaking, etc. All the while riding for a bit, letting it cool, riding a bit, letting it cool, etc. When breaking in a new engine, especially a 4-stroke, I like to let them cycle through several times, like that, so things seat in well. So far, I am blown away by the bike, both mechanically and cosmetically. The first time I started it, I made the newbie mistake of not realising the choke had two detent positions. I only pushed it in one click, so the warmer the engine got, the worse it ran. I was thinking, "Oh no, I got a dog!" But, I remembered reading about someone else that did that, and quickly figured out my error. Pushed the knob in all the way, and she snapped to life. All evening, she started like a champ, whether hot or cold. Not sure what the "hot start" button is for, but maybe someday I will need it. For now, it is a one kick proposition, and even then it is less of a kick, and more of a "just push it through" the stroke.

I had always taken great pride in how tight my Scorpa would turn, but this thing is amazing! I am not a hopper, so I must rely on turning skills. Much of the area we ride, in Texas, is tight and technical stuff. All indications are that this thing will be a star in those condition. I have a couple of seams in my driveway, that I use as marker boundries, for turning practice. The Beta will easily turn 6 inches tighter that what I could do on the Scorpa. And, that is on a brand new bike, that I am not used to yet, and which is still tight from not being broken in. Can't wait till the engine loosens up some, the clutch settles in, and the brakes seat in good.

Looks like our weather will be good tomorrow, and I will have a chance to get it out in the woods. A kid with a new toy. You just can't beat the feeling!

- Darrell

D'OH

Double "D'OH" because the Beta is the right choice!

After so many years on Scorpa, it was tough to consider changing brands. I loved all my Scorpa, and they are great bikes. But, when it comes to the 4-stroke, my SY250F wasn't in the same league as my new Beta Rev-4T. Smaller, lighter, better power, better handling, better turning radius, better build quality, better clutch action, etc. The only complaint I have about the bike is the horrid ratchet noise the kickstarter makes, until you get your foot off the lever, after the engine starts. You kick the bike, it fires up, and you swear parts are about to fly out of the engine. Then, you let the kickstart lever return to it's normal position, and all is well.

Double "D'OH" because the Beta is the right choice!

After so many years on Scorpa, it was tough to consider changing brands. I loved all my Scorpa, and they are great bikes. But, when it comes to the 4-stroke, my SY250F wasn't in the same league as my new Beta Rev-4T. Smaller, lighter, better power, better handling, better turning radius, better build quality, better clutch action, etc. The only complaint I have about the bike is the horrid ratchet noise the kickstarter makes, until you get your foot off the lever, after the engine starts. You kick the bike, it fires up, and you swear parts are about to fly out of the engine. Then, you let the kickstart lever return to it's normal position, and all is well.

I got to ride the bike that came to Austin. The power delivery is much smoother than a 4RT, and it did feel to be about half the size. I didn't notice any excessive starter gear noise, but my 315R makes quite a bit of racket so I may just be used to it. I really liked the bike, but it cost just a little too much for me to spend. You gonna have fun though!

I got to ride the bike that came to Austin. The power delivery is much smoother than a 4RT, and it did feel to be about half the size. I didn't notice any excessive starter gear noise, but my 315R makes quite a bit of racket so I may just be used to it. I really liked the bike, but it cost just a little too much for me to spend. You gonna have fun though!

You rode Don Hubbard's then. He and I have been back and forth, in emails, discussing the fine points of the bikes. I believe that his, and mine, are the only 08 models in Texas. Danny, at MotoMex, has one of the two 07 models for sale, at a discounted price, since it is used. If you interested, you might go that route, and spend a little less.

You rode Don Hubbard's then. He and I have been back and forth, in emails, discussing the fine points of the bikes. I believe that his, and mine, are the only 08 models in Texas. Danny, at MotoMex, has one of the two 07 models for sale, at a discounted price, since it is used. If you interested, you might go that route, and spend a little less.

I ordered an '08 270, we'll see how I like it. I'm looking forward to riding it at Rio. The next couple of years will be interesting to see how the 4 strokes develop.