08 Rev 3 250 First Impressions.

o.a.s motorcycles

Received delivery of our first 2008 Beta today, many thanks to Mr Lampkin for his speedy service.

Firsts things first got it out of the box and the pictures just don't do this bike justice you really have got to see it in the flesh. The white really works with the alloy and the decals are really eye catching.

Beta have done lots of little mods that wern't listead and as you look aroung the bike it amazes me that they can improve it every year.

Starting her up, the first thing you notice when you start it is how well it ticks over, imediatly you know the carb change and other related mods have had a massive effect. It ticks over so crisply and cleanly almost like the 125 last year then when you blip the throttle it's straight up no hesitation or boging even after being sat on tick over for a few minutes.

First ride was a revelation really as my 07 250 is running a full factory setup on the engine with lots of little trick bits (the polished Beta at Hawkstone) now this bike is a mile ahead of my 07 much crisper off the bottem end and power all the way through the rev range. The biggest thing I noticed is how this new found grunt has opened up far more us of first gear, i've always stayed away from it on past Betas sticking to 2nd for most stuff but first now is really brillient with more punch on the top end than before.

The ride seems very similar to last year a very planted and comfortable riding position, the front end feels a little lighter to move I'd imaging due to the re-valving.

All in all a great first impression going to run it in fully tomorrow and have some fun.

Piccys to follow before it gets to dirty.

Nice report. Thanks

I hope you will not take offence to this, but year after year you hear how a new model (every make) is sooooo much better than last year. I wonder how much of this is psychological? Also, when I compare the standard of an 'average' club rider versus 10 years ago I don't know if we really benefit from these improvements, except being more fun to ride :huh:. As always I await the report of some impartial tester in the paper.

I do hope you are right though! :huh:

Received delivery of our first 2008 Beta today, many thanks to Mr Lampkin for his speedy service.

Firsts things first got it out of the box and the pictures just don't do this bike justice you really have got to see it in the flesh. The white really works with the alloy and the decals are really eye catching.

Beta have done lots of little mods that wern't listead and as you look aroung the bike it amazes me that they can improve it every year.

Starting her up, the first thing you notice when you start it is how well it ticks over, imediatly you know the carb change and other related mods have had a massive effect. It ticks over so crisply and cleanly almost like the 125 last year then when you blip the throttle it's straight up no hesitation or boging even after being sat on tick over for a few minutes.

First ride was a revelation really as my 07 250 is running a full factory setup on the engine with lots of little trick bits (the polished Beta at Hawkstone) now this bike is a mile ahead of my 07 much crisper off the bottem end and power all the way through the rev range. The biggest thing I noticed is how this new found grunt has opened up far more us of first gear, i've always stayed away from it on past Betas sticking to 2nd for most stuff but first now is really brillient with more punch on the top end than before.

The ride seems very similar to last year a very planted and comfortable riding position, the front end feels a little lighter to move I'd imaging due to the re-valving.

All in all a great first impression going to run it in fully tomorrow and have some fun.

Piccys to follow before it gets to dirty.

Could anyone reccomend a dealer in Devon where I might purchase one of these faultless machines?

Could anyone reccomend a dealer in Devon where I might purchase one of these faultless machines?

Fair enough :( but it is still a great bike no doubt, went through a tank of fuel on people just wanting a play on it after sundays event.

As you would on the superb Sherco 08 Great Gas Gas08 magnificent Montesa or so good Scorpa, just that you don't sell them?

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 06:43 AM

QUOTE(O.A.S motorcycles @ Oct 1 2007, 10:24 PM)

QUOTE(Nigel Dabster @ Oct 1 2007, 04:03 PM)

Fair enough but it is still a great bike no doubt, went through a tank of fuel on people just wanting a play on it after sundays event.

As you would on the superb Sherco 08 Great Gas Gas08 magnificent Montesa or so good Scorpa, just that you don't sell them?

Some poeple just can't help themselves can they? :(

Fair enough but it is still a great bike no doubt, went through a tank of fuel on people just wanting a play on it after sundays event.

That'll be Dabster on top form again then!! :)

Edited by lastplacebrad

It was just too much like a blatant advert, not a go at your prefered make at all adam, as I am sure the Beta is a fine machine.

That'll be Dabster on top form again then!! :)

Thanks brad I'll take that as a compliment.

It was just too much like a blatant advert.

Your right Dabster he should'nt have mentioned mr lampkin's name.

you obviously don't know the guy from OAS otherwise you would'nt of been so quick off the mark i don't think?

So what's your view with the new Beta then man from OAS.

bilco you know as well as me he sells the things, he may well be a sound guy but to me it isn't entirely fair to post on here without others knowing he is a dealer and i don't even know if he sells other makes.

I really can't see where he's selling point was though,he stated he recieved delivery of he's first (1)2008 beta,he even took it out to get dirty and risk damage to the bike.

He did'nt say he had 20 on the floor that had to go,now that could of been seen as a selling point.

If any body had anything to gain out of he's post,it would be lampkin's

Beside's if someone was going to buy a new bike the chance's are the person would know about all the bike's and try them all before they choose and not go by word say on what is or is'nt the best bike for them.

Edited by bilco

Fair enough :( but it is still a great bike no doubt, went through a tank of fuel on people just wanting a play on it after sundays event.

Wow, How touchy are some people that a Beta dealer saying how much they like the new Beta on the Beta forum is required to give equal time to the other brands. If this were posted on the Montesa or Sherco forum I could understand but seriously now...

Dan