Sherco Press Release On Unnamed Motorcycle

malibudon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the countries out there, I think China will be the most dangerous as they get stronger and more technically advanced, all courtesy of the greedy corporate west.

What do you mean by Dangerous? Do you mean on an industrial competitive level or a military one?

I ask because China has 1.3 Billion people! Thats over 2 times the size of the USA & Europe combined of course.

China at some point will rule the world. To that there is no doubt!

I'm a bit of a dab hand with the old chopsticks, so i reckon I'll be OK when they come over. My wife and my oldest kid will unfortunately perish if I don't hand feed them - they're all fingers and thumbs :)

Am I taking this too seriously? ..........no I thought not.

I am however slightly reassured by Sherco's claim:

"We are positive that the motor, the chassis and accessories of this motorcycle are identical to the Sherco motorcycle"

You may have just screwed your best weapon against Xispa at the moment chaps :(

Edited by bikespace

i agree with mad4it..sherco build quality is C**P!! Xispa cant be no worse then gasgas or sherco lets give them a chance and see what its like..its cheap! so just throw it away when it brakes :)

Crap buid quality B*****cks!!.I`ve seen afew gassers snap in two,but never a sherco :(:)

Edited by gasgasssser

Bit rich from sherco considering they copied gas gas a few years ago

How many parts were interchangeable from your 1998 Gasgas to your 99 Sherco?

How comparable were they to ride, as I seem to remember the newer design of the two was quite a bit lighter,

and had a more lively feel which other brands certainly deem worthy attributes.

Nothing new in the trials world leaving one company to start another.

Senor Bulto co-founded Montesa before starting Bultaco with ex-Montesa employees,

and Mr.Tartarini surely had a Bultaco tape measure in his pocket before building the green machine for Bernie Schreiber to ride.

i agree with mad4it..sherco build quality is C**P!! Xispa cant be no worse then gasgas or sherco lets give them a chance and see what its like..its cheap! so just throw it away when it brakes :D

Crap buid quality B*****cks!!.I`ve seen afew gassers snap in two,but never a sherco :(:)

sorry not talking aboot the frames mate im talking about the bag of old spanners they call an engine!!!ive heard quieter

JACK HAMMERS! :)

Of all the countries out there, I think China will be the most dangerous as they get stronger and more technically advanced, all courtesy of the greedy corporate west.

What do you mean by Dangerous? Do you mean on an industrial competitive level or a military one?

I ask because China has 1.3 Billion people! Thats over 2 times the size of the USA & Europe combined of course.

China at some point will rule the world. To that there is no doubt!

I'm a bit of a dab hand with the old chopsticks, so i reckon I'll be OK when they come over. My wife and my oldest kid will unfortunately perish if I don't hand feed them - they're all fingers and thumbs :)

Am I taking this too seriously? ..........no I thought not.

Maybe not something you will need to worry about Gaz but your kids.... not so sure :(

A N Y W A Y..... Back to Sherco... I reckon they just better get use to having Xispa around and spend there time ensuring the Sherco IS the quality bike they say it is!

What would be a huge supply of Sherco copy Xispa's? 10k.....20k? Maybe ......100k!!??

Sherco should defend their patented bits and get on with obsoleting their current design.

You are either leading or following.

Boo Hoo! The big bad company used a vine and a rock, tied to a yak to beat us at our own game. And in the process earned the right to a years supply of rice for the village! WOO HOO!

Blimey! World domination and destruction all because they made a cheap trials bike :wacko:

Exactly that! we are all doomed!!! :P:blink:

Isnt it up to you which route you ride, whos gear you wear!, which bike you ride?. If trials is to be turned into a "minimoto-esque" chav sport by cheap chinese crap then so be it, out of the say 100 that take it up only 10 will continue past winter anyway and out of those 6 will break down and so on, or maybe 100 will buy cheap chinese crap and out of those 50 will one year later buy proper trials bikes 20 of which may well be Sherco's!! win,win or maybe not!!....

Jeez i'm bored at work this morning!!

Looks like Sherco were a little slow in responding to the Xispa launch.

I guess they've been busy going around their dealers telling them not to even think about taking on the un-named brand :blink: .

They've done the right thing in totally distancing themselves from ''product X'' as I could see the potential confusion involving the new model.

I.E. New customer thought process :wacko: ...:-

Hmmmmmmm...it looks like a 06 Sherco motor,frame,plastics....etc...so alike..but cheaper... it's as if they were from the Sherco 'family' of products???? in the same way that the current Skoda uses the old hand-me-down technology of the old VW or Audi models 'cos they're all part of the same group.

So if it has that backing/pedigree then I might just have one!! :P

Even if this link is just inferred it will be damaging.

This is the sort of scenario that Sherco has to avoid at all costs because I think pursuing the legal/copyright issue is a non starter for them,yes, they have to rattle the sabre but the monies involved would be prohibitive.

Just a thought.

I am somewhat concerned that there is a direct copy of a production trials motorcycle out there.

A couple of points to make here...

The first Sherco, called Bultaco Sherco 2.5 was similar in design to the then current model Gas Gas TXT, but only similar, I defy anyone who could actually fit engine parts of a Gas Gas to a Sherco or vice versa, that goes for most of the chassis parts too, except of course those that came from an OEM parts supplier such as AJP; Morad or similar items common to a variety of makes and models.

Secondly, there were pesonnel who defected from Gas Gas to Sherco at the development stage, I think similar defections were evident in the motor industry a few years ago e.g. from VW to Ford when the mark 3 Ford Mondeo was launched in 1999.

The advent of the Xispa medium sized trials motorcycle appears to be a direct copy of the Sherco, I would be surprised if parts of the engine are a direct fit and therfore there should be manufacturing rights to defend here.

Long term it may mean a "copy" at a reduced price, but I do think it is a threat, not a benefit to trials riders going forward.

Big John

I.E. New customer thought process :blink: ...:-

Hmmmmmmm...it looks like a 06 Sherco motor,frame,plastics....etc...so alike..but cheaper... it's as if they were from the Sherco 'family' of products???? in the same way that the current Skoda uses the old hand-me-down technology of the old VW or Audi models 'cos they're all part of the same group.

So if it has that backing/pedigree then I might just have one!! :P

New Customer thought process continued: "Yeah looks like a 06 Sherco.... Hmmmmm, Buy a couple Sherco decals, Sherco fenders and you've got yourself a Chinese Rolex watch. I mean Sherco." Future used bike buyer beware when buying a Sherco, check the serial #.