Sherco Press Release On Unnamed Motorcycle

malibudon

Got this in the mail a short time ago...

Through a thorough process of research and development, Sherco has become a World Class Brand

Sherco only guarantees the products it produces

By means of the mass media, Sherco has become aware of the launch of a trials motorcycle that is practically identical to one that has been designed, tested, manufactured and marketed exclusively by Sherco.

We are positive that the motor, the chassis and accessories of this motorcycle are identical to the Sherco motorcycle. This is not a mere coincidence, but rather a choice to take advantage of the extensive Research and Development done by Sherco. We also believe that they are intentionally trying to cause confusion in the marketplace among the fans of the sport.

Sherco has invested many years in the development of the trials motorcycle in order to offer our clients the very best products that are constantly evolving. Sherco has NOTHING to do with the promotion of this new motorcycle which is being manufactured in China. In some areas it is being promoted as though it were a second Sherco brand with the clear intention of causing confusion and doubts. For this reason Sherco is making public that we have had nothing to do with this copy and that we never authorized its production.

Sherco is at this time preparing the appropriate legal actions to require the company in question to respect the rights of Sherco and discontinue the production of this product.

Furthermore we will insist that Sherco will not be responsible for the operation of the motorcycles of this brand, nor will we be responsible for any warranty repairs or defects associated with this or any other brand.

The objective of Sherco is to offer its clients and all the users of our motorcycles the best product available with the very best quality.

Sherco products have been proven in the highest levels of international competitions and continue to be developed through an ongoing research and development program. The result is an innovative high quality product that has earned us a well deserved high level of international prestige.

Currently the Sherco Catalog is very extensive with six trials models and several moped models in both enduro and SuperMotard versions. There are two full size Enduro models with corresponding SuperMotard models. But the Sherco evolution continues to forge ahead; in 2008 we expect to see the final establishment of the Sherco 3.2 4T Trials model after some years of transition.

The sports successes in 2007 at the hands of Graham Jarvis, Christophe Braund and Dani Oliveras in prestigious events in Great Britain, France and Spain have shown that Sherco has come of age and have achieved international recognition.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all that means they aer p****d! I think! :(

Not enough that we now have what is basically a Toyots copy of a Dodge Truck, next you might see a Chineese copy of a Toyota!

I relate it all to being "half gay", your wallett or your ass! Which goes first? Yea, I know, just because you took one up the---- well, you know!

Buy US and EU while you still can! :)

Yep, all that means they aer p****d! I think! :(

Not enough that we now have what is basically a Toyots copy of a Dodge Truck, next you might see a Chineese copy of a Toyota!

I relate it all to being "half gay", your wallett or your ass! Which goes first? Yea, I know, just because you took one up the---- well, you know!

Buy US and EU while you still can! :)

I would p**s my pants if it was better than the sherco

i don't thing they would have to try very hard to match

the SHERCO build quality.Good on them that's what i say

Yep, all that means they aer p****d! I think! :D

Buy US and EU while you still can! ;)

Theres no chance of it being any good.Everything made in china regarding motorbikes is CRAP.I bought a chinese PY for my lad,it was total rubbish,never seen such poor quality manufacturing.

I`m in my 2nd year of sherco ownership now,and after some initial problems caused by a previous owner,i just cant fault it.

Sherco forever :(:):)

I think we all need to look at the big picture here. IF it was your favorite brand being copied, would you be happy? I think not. Chinese knock offs are a threat to all of us. You get what you pay for, as many who have purchased the chinese atvs have found out.

Yep, all that means they aer p****d! I think! :D

Buy US and EU while you still can! ;)

Theres no chance of it being any good.Everything made in china regarding motorbikes is CRAP.I bought a chinese PY for my lad,it was total rubbish,never seen such poor quality manufacturing.

I`m in my 2nd year of sherco ownership now,and after some initial problems caused by a previous owner,i just cant fault it.

Sherco forever :(:):)

Aparently Gas Gas are romoured to be shipping

there production to china ,if they are under strict control

from the designers they CAN produce top quality products,

lets face it most products are produced in this way!

I think we all need to look at the big picture here. IF it was your favorite brand being copied, would you be happy? I think not. Chinese knock offs are a threat to all of us. You get what you pay for, as many who have purchased the chinese atvs have found out.

It all depends on who is in charge of the design and manufacturing of the product, and how carefully he's willing to monitor that manufacturing.

The Chinese, under proper supervision, are capable of successfully producing high-tech products. Your are right about the ATVs, however, those are Chinese-designed and Chinese-built with nothing other than a low-price in mind. In those cases, they are successful--the product has a low price.

I am skeptical about the Xispa, but I wouldn't count them out until I see a production bike.

Having said that, if it's too close to an existing model by another brand, then I wouldn't buy it out of principal. But, if it's based on an abandoned model by a brand, I'd be a bit less concerned.

Its a question of property rights. If you build something under license, then fine. But if you steal something, that's something different. I agree with Titanium, its more than which bike you like. If you had done all the work that Sherco has done then someone goes and steals it, you'd be pi**ed too.

I think we all need to look at the big picture here.

I think the big picture is a lot bigger than knocking out a trials bike copy.

On the world news the other night they claimed how many Chinese hackers were hacking into US government military computers, and said one Chinese general had claimed they had the capability to shut down the whole US power and communications network, when confronted they stated it must be local nerds hacking in, but they have a strict flow of info in and out of China.

They even thought has they make so many of the worlds PC's that they put what they call a Trojan horse in them.

Of all the countries out there, I think China will be the most dangerous has they get stronger and more technically advanced, all courtesy of the greedy corporate west.

Edited by Ishy

...Sherco is at this time preparing the appropriate legal actions to require the company in question to respect the rights of Sherco and discontinue the production of this product.

Like to see how far they get with this! :(

Of all the countries out there, I think China will be the most dangerous as they get stronger and more technically advanced, all courtesy of the greedy corporate west.

What do you mean by Dangerous? Do you mean on an industrial competitive level or a military one?

I ask because China has 1.3 Billion people! Thats over 2 times the size of the USA & Europe combined of course.

China at some point will rule the world. To that there is no doubt!

...Sherco is at this time preparing the appropriate legal actions to require the company in question to respect the rights of Sherco and discontinue the production of this product.

Like to see how far they get with this! :(

Yes, that will be money they can ill afford wasted,i'm afraid. Sherco can only hope the product is crap, but even if it is the Chinese will address concerns and get it right with the right feedback. Who would have thought an Indian tyre company could make very good Trials tyres a few years ago?

Of all the countries out there, I think China will be the most dangerous as they get stronger and more technically advanced, all courtesy of the greedy corporate west.

What do you mean by Dangerous? Do you mean on an industrial competitive level or a military one?

I ask because China has 1.3 Billion people! Thats over 2 times the size of the USA & Europe combined of course.

China at some point will rule the world. To that there is no doubt!

I think it goes hand in hand, seems to have been the case all through history, and the dictators seem to want to rule the world. On a military level, only defense against such a large force would have to be nuclear, probably why they are testing rockets and trying to get a nuclear program started, at best I would think the whole nuclear arms race will start up again.