Lane's Apology

bama

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
That may be true in Canada (which definitely has limits on unpopular speech), but in the United States we have a Constitution that guarantees us the freedom to make personal attacks (though it does not supply us a forum, and posters have zero rights here or on any other privately owned forum). In fact, down here, we cherish that right and we put in right up front in our Bill of Rights. :madnoel:

Hey Steve,

The above quote came from the same man who 'BANNED" me from the ATA forum that he moderates because I told him to kiss my ass. Of course this was years ago this United States Constitution must be something new!

Hey Andy

KISS MY ASS!!!!

Now I'm going to go to a movie theater and yell FIRE! Then I'm going to jump on a plane and yell Bomb!!

Actually it's 3:00am and I think I should go get some sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Ringo,

I love what you just wrote. In Cox vs. the United States, during the Vietnam war, a guy named Mr. Cox (of course) wore a shirt that said FT draft. People were outraged and he was arrested... The Supreme Court ultimately wrote that he had done no wrong because one "could avert their eyes" if they saw speech that was offensive.

Freedom of speech is limited in the U.S. (theoretically, unless you run a private forum, country club, or are filthy rich or poweful...) only when it can cause danger to others (yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre,) which I believe was written into that opinion. Slander and llibel are also restricted, but as already said it's hard to prove any damages, and public figures are generally fair game to say/write anything you want to about them. Ever seen a political debate?

Write what you want (pun intended,) read what you want, and if you don't like someone else's B.S., ignore it, avert your eyes, or switch to a different topic. You'll sure as hell never find me reading anti-dirtbike/anti-gun/anti-death penalty stuff, unless it's something to do with keeping your friends close and your enemies closer, or I need adrenaline to restart my heart after one of the Colonel's drinks. I hate censorship, and I'm not in favor of "taking your ball and going home."

If I read something that makes me so angry I throw the monitor out the window, I should have had a beer instead of letting some bozo get to me.

P.S. I've been off the forum for most of the past year, and haven't read the inflammatory posts. This is just my opinion on freedom of speech, and I think I backed it up. I'm glad I can tell the president that I think he's (choose any derogatory/inflammatory words) and not be dragged through the streets, tortured, and beheaded. If I ever want to be censored, I'll move to the Middle East, China, Singapore...

P.P.S. I don't like to read Playboy, but I don't avert my eyes either. A picture says a thousand words or something like that.

credit where credit is due........ Ringo, nice piece of investigative journalism there mate! :shutup: I was quick to realize I would never be able to have a constructive conversation with someone who cant see past his own agenda or ideas. But it does bring up the point that he believes we all have the right to say what we want(except us Canucks, because we dont enjoy the freedoms you do) unless it somehow offends him. OH well.

Secondly, just back from a nice Christmas holiday to see the Iceman lied, and in fact, that post I read of his a while back that said, this will be my last post, was not!!! have fun with whatever.

I had an interesting elderly chap the other day. He was checking out the Monty and asking questions. He told me that, back in the day, he rode trials with a guy named Dale Evans.......

We then started competing to see who could do a better head stand on the Monty......

If he thinks Canadians don't have freedoms he needs to read this.

My brother-in-law's wife is a Canook. We're very good friends and have some really intense discussions regarding gun control, women in combat, crime and punishment, Canadian and American politics, and what is the best beer. We always agree on Crown Royal so we practice freedom of speech while drinking that. There are no holds barred, but we're never mad at each other afterwards and instead of pouting just reload our Crown and Cokes. If either of us ran this site it would be like ultimate fighting with no rules whatsoever.

She's also NOW pro-dirtbike, can ride a YZ 250, about 5'10", runs marathons, flies 757s for UPS, grew up in the macho man pilot world, and thinks sexual harrassment is what men with small sex parts do to compensate. Nobody in the aviation world will ever have to worry about a lawsuit from her. She might tell the guy to kiss her ass but her fist choice would be to beat the crap out of him or die trying.

She was sort of against the dirtbike thing until she met her future husband, my brother-in-law. Because she did exchange opposing opinions with him, and did a little research into land use herself, she switched teams. That's what freedom of speech is all about-exchanging ideas and opinions.

I'm out of this one before I say anything else that might be stupid or swerve too far off topic. As Ringo knows, I occasionally miss the main point.

Jeff

Stay out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

"My brother-in-law's wife is a Canook."

mAN, i DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZE IT, BUT THAT MAKES HER YOUR sister!

Where I come from, that makes it entirely legal to kick her ass! She's driving a Boing and you're driving a Mont! Screw her! Kick her ass again for good measure!

Same with Ringo and Malibu, same club, all is well, JUST KICK HIS ASS! No problem!

I have no idea what any of this has to do with anything, but it was refreshing to have someone post something in complete sentences that were readable and interisting, yet totally irrelivent, and still managed to get a little butt kicking in! I kinda like this!

:shutup:

"My brother-in-law's wife is a Canook."

mAN, i DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZE IT, BUT THAT MAKES HER YOUR sister!

I think that means she is either his wife's brother's wife or they are from (insert local inbred region name here.)