Montesa Woes

copemech

Well the big news last week was that RYP had taken on Montesa as importer, it was even even published on the US Montesa website as I understand. Perhaps prematurely as I just looked at the site, seems they still have stock from '05 yet unsold and new imports are, well?

No mention of RYP, guess it did not happen, shame.

As quoted from the Montesa site:

2008 News

It is unclear of the dates and times of arrival or the amount of 2008 units that will be imported, or even possibly not. It is certian the the price of the 2008 if imported will be a retail of $8,900.00 for the standard unit and $9,499.00 for the Repsol, we are not publishing any photos on these units at this time.

Whats Available;

October 1, 2007

We currently have; a few 05' Repsols, 06' standard, 06' Repsol, and 07 Standard, stock is limited on all units.

Add a few Mitani bits and you are there!!!!!!! $10,000 rock basher!!!!!!

The rates have taken their toll, certainly will not help sell bikes! Near $7000 for a new 2T as I understand, 4T Beta or Sherco is much higher, can't wait for a 4T Gasser in '09! Maybe it will help used bike rates at least! ;)

Edited by copemech

US Montesa will continue as importer for the the Montesa 4RT. We have decided to carry on. Prices of the 2008 models will be announced soon. Lewisport USA will handle the parts. More info to follow.

Martin Belair

US Montesa

Edited by Martin Belair

Ah, good to hear from you Martin and wish you the best!

No roumour mongering here, just the facts. However I am somewhat concerned about the cost of ALL new bikes with the rates being what they are and all. Difficult times it seems for many. I just hope that proper support can continue, which seems it will, and that is a good thing. Trials is a tough game for all!

Hope to see you around for a LONG time! ;)