Water Tank For Petrol Power Hose

rapid roy

Forgive me for mentioning it but, a couple of years back there was a lot of trouble with one of our land owners after a trials rider jet washed his bike off at a venue. We came very close to loosing the land.

It seems harmless enough but be aware of possible issues.

Forgive me for mentioning it but, a couple of years back there was a lot of trouble with one of our land owners after a trials rider jet washed his bike off at a venue. We came very close to loosing the land.

It seems harmless enough but be aware of possible issues.

A jerry can would hold 20L otherwise their are plenty of plastic barrel available, often at recycling centres or car breakers.

Hi, just for info as you do not say where you plan on using it, and I may be wrong, but doesn't the ACU handbook say something about not using power washers at ACU events, in line with their environmental policy?

Even if not at an event, the issue outlined above of upsetting landowners is one that must be considered when doing this sort of thing. I would suggest trying to find some location where this activity would be approved of and acceptable to the landowner (although you may already have done so!).

Hi, just for info as you do not say where you plan on using it, and I may be wrong, but doesn't the ACU handbook say something about not using power washers at ACU events, in line with their environmental policy?

Even if not at an event, the issue outlined above of upsetting landowners is one that must be considered when doing this sort of thing. I would suggest trying to find some location where this activity would be approved of and acceptable to the landowner (although you may already have done so!).

You could always just stop at the side of the road somewhere on the way home and wash it.

I used to wash my motxer off at local garage with their car wash. They didnt appreciate it though.

Try these

Website for EMPF

Not sure about any ACU rule/guideline about using power washers (irrelevant if the rider doesn't participate in ACU events) but how it can be environmentally unfriendly when a large number of bikes have been circulating around an event for the best part of the day has me a bit baffled. Some issues can be taken a bit too far in today's PC ruled (ruined..??) world.

Without question, if a landowner doesn't want power washers used on his land, that is a different matter altogether and their wishes should be adhered to

Out of the ACU Handbook TSR 43

''It is prohibited to use power washers, unless the organisers offer suitable facilities which comply with the ACU Environmental Code''

See if you can get hold of an old water tank from a caravan, most of them hold between 50 and 100 litres, a few little adjustments and they stand on there side in the van taking up no room, all you need to do is add a take off that suits you, works a treat.you might have to blank off a few holes as well though.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier that sells water tanks

suitable for a van (upright)

i think i need 25L of water for each bike (max 3 bikes)

any advice would be welcome

I've been looking for a decent petrol power washer that will take from a barrel/drum,was wondering if you could recomend something decent.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier that sells water tanks

suitable for a van (upright)

i think i need 25L of water for each bike (max 3 bikes)

any advice would be welcome

I've been looking for a decent petrol power washer that will take from a barrel/drum,was wondering if you could recomend something decent.

we have a store called mackro

they sell a petrol power washer for

Edited by rapid roy

• 2 weeks later...

John Collins makes some very valid points

and of course the guy this thread is about is in Northern Ireland and is thus outside the ACU ...

as i understand what the paranoia is about is watercourse contamination by cleaning products and waste oil, etc

us silly MX'ers (we are a MX, Enduro and Trials club at the same venue, all ACU) have a different take on the rule. you can wash your bike at venues but if a proper washing bay is built it must have a proper oil catching trap - thus no track (that i know of) has ever built one (even the permanent circuits) and all mx just wash their bikes by their vans .... (and thus vans get stuck :( ). most of them use a plastic oli drum which lots of people can get you for free (there is a thread about sourcing them on mxtrax's "mx pits" forum)