What Do You Think?

frontroomautos

I Typed in 2008 Beta Alp out of interest & came across a Beta Alp 200 Trials. The bike can be converted back to trail/Enduro but looks very interesting. The concept looks to be very similar to Scorpa's air cooled 125/143 & 163cc Yam powered trials bikes that can also be converted to long ride. The Beta Alp concept appears better in looks though & has a 193cc air cooled Suzuki engine. I am not sure how to upload images (I'm a bit technically inept like that) but if you want to see it Type in 2008 Beta Alp Trials into Google & it will soon be found on the 1st page. It's a French site I think & it can be translated. Actually its got me interested & I like it but I just wondered what any of you thought? ;)

its alright, it has quite a shallow rake on it compared to most other trials bikes, look heavy, i wouldn't really fancy doing a trial on it, but it looks quite cool

its also good to see the rear sprocket on the left side!;) shame about the kickstart been on the wrong side still!!

Edited by fozza321

I see, I'll practice that one. Anyway what do you think fozza?

The pegs are WAY too far forward, for any serious trials work. Interesting concept, and the bike looks good. The problem is that the conversion is in the wrong direction. Instead of making a trail bike look like a trials bike, they should be making their true trials bikes more functional as a trail bike.

This is an interesting approach: http://www.moto-station.com/article3390-ac...onnee-beta.html

The first pic is the Alp 4 (350cc) a mid size trail bike, a bit too heavy really but not much else like it these days.

The second pic is the new model Alp 200/125. Due December/Jan. Looks slimmer & more agile than the current model.It has a clip on dual seat you can remove for sections.....

Current model is popular with riders for Long Distance Trials. A rider with some experience could ride easy route at club trials or the Sammy Miller series trials with not too much trouble.

And there is a kit to move pegs rearward too.

Edited by hrc1