Splatters

drhud

I'm having a hard time getting any height. Theres ALOT going on all at once, so any tips would be appreciated.

Aye make sure you clean the bowl thoroughly afterwards before your lass gets to see it or there'll be hell to pay.

Aye make sure you clean the bowl thoroughly afterwards before your lass gets to see it or there'll be hell to pay.

;)

I like Ryan's saying, a splatter does not require any skill, he forgot the last part, LARGE GONADS! Just pull the trigger!

Edited by copemech

OK I will give it a go to try and explain the exceedily amature technique that I use. Bear in mind the tallest thing I have splatted is about 3.5 to 4 ft.

good kicker is needed placed on ground same distance as obstacle is tall. (so I am told)

first few times give yourself plenty of run at it. Not so much to build speed as just to feel comfortable,

as you approach the kicker,

rev the engine,

compress the suspension (get down on it)

as you bring your body up, this begins to "spring" the suspension up ---dump the clutch.

The entire time you are doing this look at a point ABOVE the obstacle, do not look at the leading edge of it.

when the rear tire hits the face of the obstacle absorb the impact with your legs, lean forward a tad, and pull in the clutch.

At this point you will either "clean" the splatter and be on top of said obstacle or sitting on the skid pan. Either way you ain't falling back down.

also good to have a catcher just in case you don't make it. And they can give you a hard time if you don't make it.

If there are any more experienced with the splatter that can point out any problems with this explanation, don't be shy.

If I am wrong, well then I am wrong.

I'm no expert but the only thing I can add to the previous post is ..just after the clutch is dumped...pull back hard on the bars .

I was told to visualize ''throwing the bike away''..rear tyre first !

I was also told '' don't worry ,it isn't possible to pull tooo hard on the bars''... but I proved that to be wrong. :thumbup:

THe biggest mistakes I made when learning this technique ( like I'm a professional now :( ) were

1) not revving the bike hard enough, the first time you do rev it hard enough you think your going to die when you let out the clutch !

2) approaching the kicker too fast, the bike needs to be almost at a standstill when you let out the clutch to get the lift you need, its really a slingshot.

Edited by Baldilocks

• 3 weeks later...