Training Myself To Not Get A Back Injury.....

stand with the front wheel between your legs, put the front brake on, pull bike toward you and the rear end will lift up. Swing it on to rack then bend your knees and lift front wheel up onto rack.

Better still tell your lass your knackered and get her to lift bike onto rack ;)

Postion yourself in between the rack and the bike, put it in first gear, push down on the forks and pull back on the bars to lift the front wheel onto the rack.

Move round to the other side of the bike, one hand on the handlebar, one hand on the swinging arm (you should be side-on to the bike, facing the front wheel), bend yer knees, lift and fart ;)

stand with the front wheel between your legs, put the front brake on, pull bike toward you and the rear end will lift up. Swing it on to rack

not such a good idea when it swings into the back of your car tho,

i stand at the side of it the bike between me and the car put the front brake on push forward and lift it up, to be fair the bikes aren;t exactly heavy.

not such a good idea when it swings into the back of your car tho,

i stand at the side of it the bike between me and the car put the front brake on push forward and lift it up, to be fair the bikes aren;t exactly heavy.

Buy or make a decent rack...they have a bar between the rack and the car.

Saves you squashing yourself between the bike and the rack

like i said have the bike in between you and the car, so i dont know how i would get squashed??

hold the rim of the rear wheel, put the front brake on, push forward lift up slot the wheel in, lift the front wheel in.

also your gonna scratch on dint your bike if you swing it into the rack anyway...

You should be able to pick it up anyway you feel comfortable. The risk of injury is due to faulty biomechanics.

Tie a piece of tight below your belly button while standing and sucking your abs in (draw belly button towards your spine)

Fellonmelug wears ladies tights while he's riding ;)

It sort of shows off my fat lad figure that I've never had to think about it, but my 11 year old can get his bike on our rack doing it this way.

Feet down, use the clutch to lift the front wheel in to the rack under engine power. Kill the engine, and just dead lift the rear end in. Really does go in easy.

Doesnt make sense to put the front in last? The back end pivots nicely around the front if the front's in first.

On the ab front, it's not unknown for me to snap a decent belt under hefty lifting strain. I'm guessing that's bad right ;)

i always put front wheel into rack first by lifting the actual wheel up not via the handlebars...... then the bike easily pivots around and its very easy to place the back wheel into the rack..... this is the best method ive found with little effort, or even better get a trailer... i suffer from a bad back so always ride with a sports support on now

i always put front wheel into rack first by lifting the actual wheel up not via the handlebars...... then the bike easily pivots around and its very easy to place the back wheel into the rack..... this is the best method ive found with little effort, or even better get a trailer... i suffer from a bad back so always ride with a sports support on now

I have to agree here, I have had a bad back and front wheel first is the only way.

Grip the top of the rim and bend ze knees don't lock them out.

Thanks for all the replies. I have generally adopted the back wheel in first and then lift the front in. Trying to do fancy things with the bike started just seems crazy unless you want to make a nice score mark or worse put the rear window through. Also swinging the bike in whilst holding down the front brake seems a bit precarious!

Maybe its the wrong thing to do but I dead lift both the back wheel in and then the front wheel in. The back wheel goes in with me holding the swing arm and the front wheel goes in with me holding on to the upper rim.

Would a lifting belt prevent an injury with this technique?

Thanks for all the replies. I have generally adopted the back wheel in first and then lift the front in. Trying to do fancy things with the bike started just seems crazy unless you want to make a nice score mark or worse put the rear window through. Also swinging the bike in whilst holding down the front brake seems a bit precarious!

Maybe its the wrong thing to do but I dead lift both the back wheel in and then the front wheel in. The back wheel goes in with me holding the swing arm and the front wheel goes in with me holding on to the upper rim.

Would a lifting belt prevent an injury with this technique?

I know exactly what you mean here, but as I often use different methods of cartage, I must sometimes lift the bike! Not always easy when tired and covered with mud!

Firstly, can you not ues some type of ramp on your kit?

Secondly, Billy is correct, your abs must work!

Geting height by lifting by the swingarm helps! If you need more height, u need help! Call another rider over if need be!

My favorite method is still just putting down the ramp and telling the local hot shot kid to ride it up into the truck! ;)