Las Vegas Enduro-x

v-mar

GO GO Trials riders.

In tonights main event which came after a long day of qualifying, whittling down 200 riders to the final 10 we had 2 of our trials guys on the final podium !! Colton Haaker won tonights race, with Cody Webb finishing third. Keith, Nick, and Phil did not have to race today as they all qualified for tomorrows race at the previous rounds in the series. Dustin Hedwall missed the main event by one spot finished 2nd in the LCQ.

I'll try and get some photos posted tonight, or tomorrow (hey, we're in Vegas, you don't think I'm going to sit in the hotel room all night weeding out photos)

More updates tomorrow !!

I think Cody's secret weapon was the key to his success. We machined up a few special V-Mar 38 tooth sprockets to give the trials guys a bit more top end. Nick Mantzoros has one too. We'll see how he does in Saturdays races. We will probably add these to the product line for the guys who want to trail ride, or maybe for the SSDT !!!

Vince

www.vmar.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colton Haaker is the hot lap king, topping the Knighter by nearly a full second. Phillip has a sixth place spot on the hot lap times. Cody and Keith both had blistering times, but got caught in minor hang-ups ( Keith fell in the rock garden, Cody got stuck in the water pit) and were out of the top 10. Let the show begin.

Colton Haaker is the hot lap king, topping the Knighter by nearly a full second. Phillip has a sixth place spot on the hot lap times. Cody and Keith both had blistering times, but got caught in minor hang-ups ( Keith fell in the rock garden, Cody got stuck in the water pit) and were out of the top 10. Let the show begin.

More importantly, did you find Mich or Clive? We want pics! ;)

Well, I guess no news means no Trials Riders in the Top Ten..........
Just got home from Vegas

Colton Haaker finished 4th :thumbup: he was the fastest rider on the track with his 4rt (I mean his Dad's 2 year old 4rt). He got a typical bad trials bike start then got caught up in some traffic and fell just after the first corner. He then got up and was moving through the pack fast and got up to 4th and making up a lot of time on the first two big time. Unfortantly he then got caught up with with some other riders stuck on the rock pile and lost a bunch of time and a few spots, he charged back up to forth at the end. He was also the top finishing American rider

I think the announcer missed it big time!! This high school trials kid sets fast lap time against highly paid factory riders on his dads trials bike!!

He and Geoff Aaron won their heat races. Geoff ended up 6th or 7th on a two wheel drive KTM. They where the only two trials riders in the main.

Cody also rode very well, but he kept drowning out his bike in the water hole. In the LCQ he had it won until the last corner after that water hole his bike died with the checkers in site. Talking to Kip afterward he was pulling the carb and draining water out after every race.

I'm surprised City Trials didn't post a picture on Phil's front rim. He bent it pretty bad after he tangled with some other riders.

As for David Night he was an @ss after he didn't win. He ghost rode his bike over the big tire pile at the winner. The bike went flying over the tires and could have really hurt somebody on the other side as he blindly sent the bike over.

post-2409-1195450589.jpg

One of Vince's pictures. I was shocked when Colton and Cody made this jump on their trials bikes. Although Cody didn't make the main he should be proud of his weekend. He handled himself great at the AMA awards banquet and then rode well in the Endurocross including pushing his bike over logs and down the long straight to the finish after he drowned it out in the time trials.

They where the only two trials riders in the main.
I was wrong, Obviously Taddy the winner is a trials rider. He rode a KTM. Edited by sirhc