Las Vegas Enduro-x

v-mar

Trials Rider Rule...................Whoooooooooooooya!

Go slow and then learn how to go fast!

David Night should revert to his roots (trials) and remember, try not to hurt anyone with his loss disgust.

Edited by Dabnabit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True there was one trials bike in the final. But Taddy, Knight and Geoff all obviously have trails background and you could see it in their riding. Taddy was hucking that KTM around like it was a trials bike, it was amazing to see him ride the big bike. He has a bright future ahead of him.

He was doing some trick riding around in the pits that would be impressive on the trials bike and he was doing it on the KaToom. Showoff !

Vince

Glad to see Taddy has found something he can make some money at.He always was a bit of a show off ,but if I could ride a bike like him would probably do the same.Now if only he could talk his good buddy Fejardo to come over and do some these we would see a super show.Good on all of the Trials guys for there hard work and all.JR

I'm surprised City Trials didn't post a picture on Phil's front rim. He bent it pretty bad after he tangled with some other riders.

I think Phil would've been mighty ticked at me if I ran out on the track to take photos of the mangled rim while he's got tire marks all over his back. For the record, of the 35 other riders on the track, the last person I would've ever expected to take out Phil was Montesa rider Keith Wineland. Colton yes, not Wineland. After the race, Keith came over and apologized.

Are we mad at Keith? Heck no - that's EnduroCross racing. Keith is and always will be, the nicest guy in our sport.

Back to our American EnduroCross stud Colton Haaker, who rode a two year old Montesa and was wearing a Gas Gas jersey. Vince is dead-on. All you importers reading this out there, here's your big chance, sign this kid to a contract. Next year EnduroCross is moving to a six round series. He is a unbelievable rider who has NO FEAR and is super fast. I mean SUPER FAST! If I wasn't already sponsoring a rider, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

There's plenty of major industry reports about the race already, here's my hat-tip.

Edited by City Trials

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=11633 Article from cycle news

Back from Vegas and saw some of the best racing I have ever seen. Just watching the Friday races were awesome. Non-stop action. The trials guys did an awesome job.

Qualifying was fun to watch. Seeing Colton have the best time over all was great. Too bad Cody drowned his bike because 2 Trials bikes would have been at the top.

Main event was the best of the racing. Watching Knight and Taddy battle it out and watching Colton gaining on them. Taddy went over the rock pile like no one else. Flick turn in the air 180 and on the gas. He never missed.

Sorry did not see Mich.

I have a photo of Taddy mid flip turn, you can see in his body position that he is whipping the back end around over the log.

Let me see if I can put it here on the forum, otherwise you gotta scan through the Sat pix to find it.

PIC39.JPG

I think I got it. Here's the picture.

Vince

Thanks Vince. Anyone who was not there would be amazed how many guys had trouble on the rock pile. Several large holes. Taddy hit it perfect every time. I brought 3 friends with me who dont ride at all. When Taddy did the flip turn they were amazed and already want to go back for both shows next year. They were also shocked when Knight launched his bike off the tires. Couldnt believe someone would get that mad. I know I could get that mad but would regret it later. Im hope Knight regrets his actions.

Also heard the Trials bikes may have their own class next year. If they are woried about us just make the water deeeeeper.