Correct Posture On The Bike

roberto

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of the correct posture on a trials bike. Obviously, your going to be more bent over and cramped on the bike if your 6 feet tall than if your 5 feet 6. But yet I never see any raised bars on trials bike. I have a Cota and am 6 feet tall. I recently finished a long trial with an rally between zones which was about 36 kms between the sections. I was dead from being bent over so long. Any Hints, tips on the desired posture?

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of the correct posture on a trials bike. Obviously, your going to be more bent over and cramped on the bike if your 6 feet tall than if your 5 feet 6.
Try bending your knees more and bow them out...as if you just rode a horse for a distance. Also keep your feet out on the outer part of the pegs.

My positioning on a trials bike used to be awful and my riding suffered. I took a class and once my body positioning was corrected my riding improved. Though, I must say at 1st my quads and ankles really hurt riding this way. Once I built up those muscles I had no problems.

I'm 6ft. tall and I have 4 in. rise bars and a 3/8in. spacer. You can get taller bars or just get a 1 in. spacer and some longer bolts.

I added a 30mm spacer below the bars and let me tell you what a difference 300 mm can make! I had to make this out of an aluminum block as the Cota 350 has this U-bolt type setup instead or regular bar clamps. This lets me be in a very good position, still tiring but a least my torso is at a 50

• 1 month later...

I am 6'3" and do not use any type of spacers. Not that that makes it right.

Geoff Aaron is 6'4" and I do not recall seeing spacers on his triple clamps?

Bending yours legs automatically:

Forces your head up where it should be

takes weight off your bars/hands

allows you to use more body english naturally since your weight is more on your feet.

Keeps your body centered over the bike so that you can react quickly.

Tough on legs but they build up fast.