08 Carb Probs

betabonkers

Whats the crack with the 08 carb, i took mine off today to clean it,

i had hell of a job to get it off i had to take the airbox off just

to get it out, then i noticed the piece of wire you turn for the tickover

had come out of the hole and wouldnt stay in when i put back, and

also the carb was a bitch to put back on, anyone else had any problems.

A mate of mine has got the 08, he has had the carb on and off about 10 times due to him being a bit of a perfectionist with set up, and he has not had any probs. I wouldn't let it put you off enquiring about an 08. They are pretty hassle free. If you ride one and don't like it, that is a different matter. I on the other hand have an 07 Rev 3 200 and have never taken the carb off as it has always run spot on.

Yeh had to lift the needle up to max to get it from

chonking as the rev,s dropped off they seem to

still need some fine ajustments.But having said

that they run a lot better carburation wise than

any of the previous models.

I think the first batch of 2 Strokes were very lean, and defo needed some tuning. Had my 08 250 a couple of weeks now and it has run spot on since getting it out of crate.

the problem is not with the running of the bike, its the fact you cant get the carb off, without removing the airbox, & whats the tickover thing all about that bit of cable going to the back of the carb, & dont seem to fit in the slot/hole, seems a crap design?

Edited by hovis

A mate of mine has got the 08, he has had the carb on and off about 10 times due to him being a bit of a perfectionist with set up, and he has not had any probs. I wouldn't let it put you off enquiring about an 08. They are pretty hassle free. If you ride one and don't like it, that is a different matter. I on the other hand have an 07 Rev 3 200 and have never taken the carb off as it has always run spot on.

Did he take the mudguard and airbox off.

is the thing with the wire on not the air screw?

if you have snapped that off i would make sure that its not leaking air.

my 08 runs great , i hardly ever take off my carb, but i do keep the air filter clean, and i clean it after ever ride.

is the thing with the wire on not the air screw?

if you have snapped that off i would make sure that its not leaking air.

my 08 runs great , i hardly ever take off my carb, but i do keep the air filter clean, and i clean it after ever ride.

I thought it was the tickover, can someone tell me which one it is, the bike runs sweet as a nut.

I thought it was the tickover, can someone tell me which one it is, the bike runs sweet as a nut.

call your self betabonkers the beta fonderler & you dont know the differance between the tickover & the air screw?

paul.............by air screw do you mean mixture screw, i thought that was the smaller black one & the big one with the wire on was tickover?

but hey, what do i know? i will have to consult with my machanic

Have had my new 08 for 3 weeks now an are having some problems with the way it is running.

Was just wondering if anyone else has a 270 and if there having problems?? if not can i ask what set up you have?

Like the Needle Hight and what jets your using?