Beta Mini Trial Tickover

ashbabble

Can anyone help please? My lad's bike won't tickover and its driving me nuts! I have done everything I can think of but to no avail. So far I have stripped and cleaned the carb 3 or 4 times, cleaned the read block, removed the head to check for seizure, changed the oil, checked over the generator, changed the spark plug. There are no signs of crank case leakage or base gasket. The carb is very simple devise and I'm sure I have covered all aspects of it - unless there's something I'm unaware of. What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

Can anyone help please? My lad's bike won't tickover and its driving me nuts! I have done everything I can think of but to no avail. So far I have stripped and cleaned the carb 3 or 4 times, cleaned the read block, removed the head to check for seizure, changed the oil, checked over the generator, changed the spark plug. There are no signs of crank case leakage or base gasket. The carb is very simple devise and I'm sure I have covered all aspects of it - unless there's something I'm unaware of. What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

I had this problem with ours, the tickover had to be set quite high which meant that the bike wanted to set off. The bike would stall if I tried lowering the tickover even when it was nicely warmed up. A new carb from JLI's sorted it though...

Any help appreciated.

I'am 99% sure your problem is water in the carb, its a b*****d if you strip the carb again, :banana2: look in the front (engine side) you will see a tiny hole that leads to the emulsion tube, this is blocked the only way to clear it is with an air line ! Aerosols ect.. won't touch it !!! This happend on my lads beta and his lem mx bike (same carb) i did all the things you did cleaned the carb over and over. In the end i toke the carb to work and shoved the air line in every orifice and out popped some water !!!!!! In the future if it happens when your out riding try putting the choke on and drive it along, this sometimes drags it out but not very often hope this helps ! :banana2:

My bike was runnung a little rough at the weekend sounded a little choked. No matter how much i turned the idle up it would not tick over for love nor money . 1st thing i thought was that it was water, checked the airbox and dry as a bone. Then Tried a new plug still no joy . Pal said it might be the mixture he checked it and it was way off. He turned it in and turned it out 2 turns, they tick over was a hell of alot better, then he adjusted the idle so it sounded ok, then he turned it out very slowly until it started to pick up then just turned it back a touch . Bingo sounds a runs sweet again. The problem was that the mixture screw had moved in under vibration, a little lock nut and it won,t do that again !!

hope this helps !!

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

OK, I am now absolutely sure the carb is OK. We were out riding today and something weird happened. It refused to start for ages but bump started accidentally when rolling down hill to the car - this should not happen with an auto clutch. It was also refusing to roll backwards as the clutch had locked. I think this has been the problem all along, the clutch is dragging. Next question is - has anybody stripped one of these clutches and are there any pit falls to watch for? Where would I go for spares in the north west of England? Cheers Jim