250 Vs 270

hop blip and a jump

All come with a flywheel weight fitted here... if you look at the flywheel cover it has a 1cm spacer fitted between it and the engine casing to allow for the weight. When you remove it, as i will, you need shorter allen screws to enable the removal of the spacer so that the cover sits closer and gets scratched less.

Heath,

I know about the special flywheel weights on the flywheel (ignition) side. These have never come on the U.S. imported 250 or 270 rev 3.

What I am talking about is the counter weight pressed on the crank shaft on the other side (clutch side).

It fits in the cavity on that side, it weighs just under 2 pounds.

Like I said it came on the U.S. model 250's but not on the 270's. Therefore the 270 were very quick without it.

This counter weight is not as easy to take on and off., you need a puller to remove it from the crankshaft and must remove the clutch basket as it over laps behind.

You can see it looking through oil fill port on the clutch side. If it's not there you will see a empty cavity.

Compare last years 250 to the 270's and you should see the difference.

Last year, it was sold on the special part page as a aftermarket part on the beta web site, this year it not showing up on the web page.

That's why I am curious that it might be stock on the 270's this year and makes for the smoother 270 motor, not only the new carb making the difference.

Jack