Dougie 2t Or 4t?

hop blip and a jump

What should dougie ride for beta??? 2t or 4t?

I'd like to see him ride the 2 stroke 270 in the world rounds in 08 to have a good chance on a proven bit of kit, but develop the 4 stroke ready for 09!!!

He's definately the man for the job!! what do you think??

Edited by hop blip and a jump

What should dougie ride for beta??? 2t or 4t?

I'd like to see him ride the 2 stroke 270 in the world rounds in 08 to have a good chance on a proven bit of kit, but develop the 4 stroke ready for 09!!!

He's definately the man for the job!! what do you think??

300cc 2t........who knows.

I think a move back to 2 stroke is on the cards. Unlike the 4RT the 4 stroke Beta hasn't really been tested at the top level of the sport and I think it would be a step backwards for Doug. The change to 2 stroke is the more exciting propostion and the one most likely to reap the best results.

I have also heard that he has been testing the 2 bikes extensively but that he prefers the 2 stroke to the 4. I'm not sure if he will help develop the Rev4 that much during the year due to his World Championship comitments, seeing he his trying for his 100th win and another world title. It might distract him him too much if he rides both too often! But we shall see.

From the press release it looks like Doug has a one year deal, on that basis it will be whatever produces the best results, which will probably be a 2T. I could see Beta wanting a longer relationship after that to help develop the 4T.

I wonder if Cousin John has any influence to get Doug riding more British trials next year. Surely Beta would love another British Championship. Haven't the ACU agreed to run to FIM regs next year, which has always been Doug's gripe with the BTC?

dougies been the best for so long its gota come to a end some time. i think he shoud stick at wat he nows best 2 stroke i think hes up against some younger and harder competition who can addapt to a four stroke a lot quiker but in my eyes dougies still the main man of trials