Thinking About Changing To Gas Gas

tombo46

no its not............. the airbox was full of crap after every ride

i went from gas gas to beta, and wont go back, but you need to try the bikes,

It isn't true the airboxes are very good if sealed properly when new, most rubbish gets in when washing.

To say they are full of crap every ride again is blatatly untrue, have you never ridden a dry trial?

It isn't true the airboxes are very good if sealed properly when new, most rubbish gets in when washing.

To say they are full of crap every ride again is blatatly untrue, have you never ridden a dry trial?

i dont want to argue with you but, my freinds airbox needed cleaning everytime it was used, how you can say this is untrue as you dont know him puzzles me

he is on a beta now and happy

i dont want to argue with you but, my freinds airbox needed cleaning everytime it was used, how you can say this is untrue as you dont know him puzzles me

he is on a beta now and happy

Ahh so it wasn't your airbox like mine was mine, as I said before numbnuts if you ride a dry trial it wouldn't get crap in it then anyway?!?

Also if it was your friends had he sealedit properly to start with? You don't know the real answer to these cos it aint your bike yet you cast a shadow on the make based on "your friend".

Gas Gas is a great bike and may well be the best thing for this guy to buy, a beta, as shown at Sheffield, is not always perfect. It may well be that he would do better with a beta, but only he can tell.

Once he has tried both will he know, and the reliabilty or heresay lack of it shouldn't be a deciding factor.

the brake has been bled, loads of pressure in the lever but just doesnt grip the disc, tried new pads, roughing up the disc etc but no luck, got a new disc on the way which will sort it hopefully.

at the end of the day, the gasser is a competitive machine so im sure ill get used to riding it to my fullest, its just mechanical things i would be worried about mostly. i know alot of people slate gassers for falling to bits but as far as im aware this was just in the early pro models and it seems to have tainted the name. is this true or are they all still falling apart?

Thanks for the replies.

Tom

You might have a contaminated disk which will make a pad swap at best a short term solution. You might want to swap pads at the same time you swap the rotor. One of the tricks I learned here from Ron Commo is to drag the front brake until it's hot and then pour water on it. I think this purges contaminates from the pad and rotor. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Remember GasGas and Beta are all using second source brake components and swapping brands for something like this may not do you much good. As for reliability they both have their peccadillos. Ride both to get a feel of engine characteristics and handling. Those as well as dealer support are reasons to choose a machine.

Totally agree with you there Dabster, my 07 250 pro is over twelve months old now and the air box has never been off nor is it likely to need to come off. I ride in the northern centre and its not exactly dry up here. I've had a few Gassers and and they have improved considerably , definately up with the Betas now and before any body starts I've had those as well, also a very good bike, I just prefer riding the Gasser.

Ahh so it wasn't your airbox like mine was mine, as I said before numbnuts if you ride a dry trial it wouldn't get crap in it then anyway?!?

like if you go out and its not raining you wont get wet?

man.......... you one clever dude,

as i said i dont want to argue about it, (personaly i could'nt give a fork)

my freind got rid of the gas gas cos he was fed up with the crap in the airbox. he has been riding 30+ years and has had loads of bikes.

HTH

Edited by hovis

like if you go out and its not raining you wont get wet?

man.......... you one clever dude,

as i said i dont want to argue about it, (personaly i could'nt give a fork)

my freind got rid of the gas gas cos he was fed up with the crap in the airbox. he has been riding 30+ years and has had loads of bikes.

HTH

If you don't want to argue why do you keep doing it? :D

Is his the decisive question/answer.....................The water -flap-valve-doo-dahh....do you leave it?????? or seal it??????

Ive just hung my air filter box on the window, it makes for a great window garden box. Wonder what grows init come spring.

Must say i am amazed the bike does not get crap in the carb so the filter seems to work well regardless to the poor airbox design.

I never remember ty 175 ,Fantic 245 or Aprilla climbers having the issues so the seat access is really the problem i guess.