Another Beta Member!

quadrajet

Well, I did it...I took the plunge. Yesterday I ordered my first trials bike ever! A 2002 Beta Rev-3 270 from Ron Commo at usbeta.com. I sent the check today...hopefully I should see the bike within a week or two.

Congrats on the new bike. Purchasing from Ron was a good move, you can be assured that if the bike is used that Ron personally went through it with a fine tooth comb and that it will be dialed.

Enjoy

:hyper:

Hey, thanks! Thanks also for the information about Ron. It's reassuring to know that I'm getting a quality used bike that's been gone over by a pro. Of course...a decent price, free shipping and an extra set of tires doesn't hurt either. :hyper:

It's funny, I saw a few bikes on the trialsXchange site that I liked. I emailed the people who were selling them and I only had one (very late) reply...and of course that bike was sold. Kind of frustrating.

I bought my first trials bike about 3 months ago from Ron at usbeta and have nothing but praise for them! I overnighted a check and had my bike in 3 days (from Vermont to Ohio). Yesterday (July 1), I had a stator go bad and they overnighted me a new one and covered it under warranty with no questions asked. I was floored! Let me tell ya, no regular dirt bike dealer that I've ever dealt with takes care of their customers that way. I also got on the preorder list for a 2005 Rev 3 250. Gotta get the last one before they switch to 4 strokers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my bike yesterday...the thing is awesome! The clutch line apparently broke during shipping but Ron is taking care of that for me (2nd day air)! Thanks Ron, for your excellent customer service!

Here's a link to some pics of it.

http://quadrajet.smugmug.com/gallery/156272

Edited because I was too dumb to call Ron when I first saw the shipping damage.

Edited by Quadrajet

Welcome to the Beta clan!

That's a good looking bike. It's amazing how unscathed a picture can make a bike look. But when you get up close and personal, blemishes start jumping out at you. Remember, there're two kinds of riders: those who have fallen down, and those who are going to fall down. Most riders don't land under the bike when they fall, so the bike ends up getting scratched and broken. You've just got to accept that when you buy a used bike. I bought a bike from a National Champ class rider that had some pretty good scratches already, so I didn't have to worry about scratching my new bike.

Richard

I just talked to Ron and he already has a clutch line and coil cover on the way to me via this thread! Now that's service! I know, I know, I should have called him yesterday, I don't know what I was thinking...I guess it was the procrastinator in me taking over although my wife attributes it to me being stupid! :lol::rolleyes:

USBeta was a pleasure to work with, I can't say enough good things about these guys! Thank you so much!

Edited by Quadrajet

Welcome to the Beta clan!

That's a good looking bike.  It's amazing how unscathed a picture can make a bike look.  But when you get up close and personal, blemishes start jumping out at you. Remember, there're two kinds of riders: those who have fallen down, and those who are going to fall down.  Most riders don't land under the bike when they fall, so the bike ends up getting scratched and broken.  You've just got to accept that when you buy a used bike.  I bought a bike from a National Champ class rider that had some pretty good scratches already, so I didn't have to worry about scratching my new bike.

Richard

Richard,

This being my first trials bike, I guess I didn't know what to expect. Truthfully, the bike is in really good shape considering I bought it from Ron sight unseen.

A used bike is perfect for me because I'd be so paranoid about scratching a new bike that I'd never ride it! LOL