A Blast From The Past, 1982 Scottish 6 Day Trial Pictures.

honda_tlr

I didn't realise the 198b was so rare.I had one,twice.Sold it then bought it back the sold it again.It resides in East Kilbride at the moment I think.

It had a mk2 amal,box section swing arm and frame rear rails stop at the mudguards and don't join up behind the seat.Am I right enough in thinking it was A 198b John?

Yip that's pretty much it, davieboy.

Not quite "box section" swinging arm but certainly not round tubing, it had a rounded edge to it, same as 340 spec but with 250 motor. Yes abreviated rear sub frame and a special airbox with a big rubber bung on the left hand side. Rare beast!

Big John

One of the best posts i have seen in a long time and just what the forum needs. Everyone pitching in for a discussion about the sport we love instead of some people posting bizarre comments that end up with ridiculous childish bickering. Well done for putting the pictures up (not forgetting the great photographer) and thank you for all the interesting info everyone else has provided to complete the jigsaw. Nice one all of you.

Nige Trials UK

GORI 1982:

No.16 Paul Sagar?

No. 26 A Puckrose

No31 Tony Calvert (def. not him)

No. 127 J. Kelly

John Hulme rode No. 213 but its deffo not him..

224 Frank McMullen, seriously not him!

249 was Hooky

Big John

I'll see if i can ask Paul tomorrow, but by rider numbers, I think we can only rule out J Kelly. All the others, depending on what day it was, could have been close to Eddie Lejeune's start time - in photo 24 on number 279, with all the crowd still in the same place.

Admittedly Paul Sagar could have been one of the closest to him depending on number of entries.

So from comments on here, it's either Paul Sagar or A Puckrose by the look of it.

I thought you were a meteorologist not a geologist? :shutup:

Jack of all trades me.......master of bugger all :o Lets say I've read a lot of normally boring books that I found quite interesting and done a fair few courses in earth sciences.

Kentallen easy to recognise the place, Ben Nevis all that pink granite, little round well washed rocks (intrusive granite eroded by glacial erosion and weathering, if ya must know) only place it could be. Achlain more extrusive in nature, ie magma cooled in sheets, more in the way of steps and slabs formed by weathering and glacial erosion, some other pics of mine at Achlain here clicky.

10 points to the smart ar$e, jeez it's boring in here tonight. Mind I could have got the locations all wrong but dont' think so, The Prof hasn't come back to argue yet :o

Edited by Slapshot 3

Top man.

Nigel, of course we bicker that's what makes it fun. Dry comments on a rainy day.

Javier, tell your mate he's spoilt.

Spoilt???? This friend lives for and only thinks in trials. 198B is a rare bike in Spain, as they where only 250 bikes made, and all of them exported, not even one stayed in Spain. Maybe the next Federation President, we have elections soon...... and maybe that number 95 model 108B in the first photo comes soon to his museum.....

Edited by Greeves

fantastic pics thank you very much for posting!!! its just a pity todays worlds best riders don't ride I would love to see raga,buo and the likes riding in Scotland, but i know it seems to clash with world rounds...but it doesn't!!!! USA is 27/04/08 and Japan is 31/05/08 surly they could fit the Scottish in? i am just asking the question why don't the works riders ride the scottish

fantastic pics thank you very much for posting!!! its just a pity todays worlds best riders don't ride I would love to see raga,buo and the likes riding in Scotland, but i know it seems to clash with world rounds...but it doesn't!!!! USA is 27/04/08 and Japan is 31/05/08 surly they could fit the Scottish in? i am just asking the question why don't the works riders ride the scottish

Because their employers wont let them...

It is a very different event, non-stop and they are worried that they could be injured and spoil their WC chances basically!

If the factories wanted badly a win at the SSDT more than a WC win, they would all be allowed to ride.

Big John

Spoilt???? This friend lives for and only thinks in trials. 198B is a rare bike in Spain, as they where only 250 bikes made, and all of them exported, not even one stayed in Spain. Maybe the next Federation President, we have elections soon...... and maybe that number 95 model 108B in the first photo comes soon to his museum.....

I think AG will be getting a villa on the Costa Blanca at this rate :shutup: