Need A New Rad Fan For Your Beta?

lucky7s

My experimental rad fan arrived today. Its a used one from an Aprilia RSV Mille R and it looks like its going to fit my techno pretty well. Its the right sort of size for the radiator, and its a Spal one so is decent quality. Picked it up for

Lol! Well i know everyone has to make a living but i just cant see the justification for the new price of a Beta fan. Even a brand new 6.5 inch from Spal, who are a well recognised company supplying many O.E units to various companies, weighs in at under

more info please, part numbers, etc. and pics of your bracket if it is not obvious.

Can I buy on inet, I am in the US

Son got a 2002? Rev 3 last year and I just want to accumulate some parts before need arises. Broken kickstart lever was I think $125, ouch.

I am also looking for clutch and brake master cylinders, hoses, calipers, shifter ever, maybe some wheels.

Really nice bike though, big leap from his old 96GG and our 2000GG

tks,

kcj

more info please, part numbers, etc. and pics of your bracket if it is not obvious.

Son got a 2002? Rev 3 last year and I just want to accumulate some parts before need arises. Broken kickstart lever was I think $125, ouch.

I am also looking for clutch and brake master cylinders, hoses, calipers, shifter ever, maybe some wheels.

tks,

kcj

Ebay seems to be the best bet, although trials parts are pretty slim pickings particularly for newer bikes. The fan fitted with nothing more technical than 3 zip ties in the end and works like a charm. its slightly bigger than the Beta one but not so much that it fouls the water pipes etc. Not sure of the part number, but its the standard O.E. fit item for the Aprilia RSV Mille 1000R if that helps at all. Loads on Ebay here from

tks,

kcj

Loads of rev 3 bits on fleabay UK at moment bud

Tweaked the mounting on the fan now, as the cable tie method looked a bit council.

I bent out the bottom two mounting tab on the radiators for the original fan so that they were almost straight 90 degrees from the rad, then tweaked them in a little at the base while bending the tabs back out again - sort of a really shallow 'S''. The Aprilia fan then sits tight in against them, allowing a small hole to be drilled into the plastic mountings on the bottom of the fan casing (as seen in the earlier pic - the box section bits at the base). You can then screw in a small tapper with a washer through the original hole in the tab on the rad to secure the fan in place nice and tightly. Looks nice and factory fit that way and the fixings are much much easier to get to when removing than the standard fan screws are. Seems to work really well - i'll post a pic tomorrow of it all in situ.