Bike Recovery

gizza5

Could 08 be a super wet year ? after looking at the flooding pictures, might need more than one efalump.

I think OTH should send em through the bog at Leanachen on Sat, that should sort them old buggers out :thumbup:

Could 08 be a super wet year ? after looking at the flooding pictures, might need more than one efalump.

I think OTH should send em through the bog at Leanachen on Sat, that should sort them old buggers out :thumbup:

Not too wet will be going up on the road bike this year, mind you my wet weather gear works on that :)

I wonder what's the furthest some poor sod has had to push the dead bike across a moor.

Seen a few out in the middle of nowere and just thought glad it isn't me.

Three poor sods spring to mind:

1) 2004, Monday morning after the Leanachan sections there is a long, long rough track that goes on for a good few miles. Some fella was pushing his bike back with a blown engine. Apparently, no gear oil due to a last minute oil change that resulted in the bike not being refilled!

2) 2005? Friday? No idea where we were but it's the day when you leave parc ferme and go up behind the West End hotel. Some fella pushing his bike back from the first group of sections which is a long old way from the nearest road. Can't think of his name at the moment but I think he was on a Scorpa and he'd had to push that bike back the day before! He was still smiling though.

3) 2007, Saturday afternoon parked up just after the wooden bridge and at the bottom of the greasy horrible hill was a Spaniard on a Beta with no spark. He managed to get it back to find that the factory kill switch had shorted out. The Beta mechanic opened it up and simply blew the connections, the bike fired straight up. Six days trialling for nowt! :thumbup:

3) 2007, Saturday afternoon parked up just after the wooden bridge and at the bottom of the greasy horrible hill was a Spaniard on a Beta with no spark. He managed to get it back to find that the factory kill switch had shorted out. The Beta mechanic opened it up and simply blew the connections, the bike fired straight up. Six days trialling for nowt! :)

he was Swiss and I towed him 20 miles round Ossian and back to Roybridge - the mont was hot that day!!

Ishy - good idea about the leanachan bog - i'd forgotten about that :( if they go through it on Monday morning it would wake them up and it would be in prime condition for returning on Sat afternoon. :thumbup:

Ishy - good idea about the leanachan bog - i'd forgotten about that :) if they go through it on Monday morning it would wake them up and it would be in prime condition for returning on Sat afternoon. :thumbup:

Now that was the 'Mother' of all bogs, I saw a Jap guy sunk to his handlebars waist deep, stopped to help, but started sinking......................

Wonder if he got out??