Tlr250 Front Brake Arm / Plate

beamish owners club

I need a front brake arm for my TLR250 (RS250TA actually) and my friend needs the front brake plate for his UK TLR250. Does anyone know if they are the same as the TLR200? There is a plate with arm on eBay US item no. 200168839274 which looks the part but it's a long way to get one from if it's not right! There is also one in the UK on eBay no. 200195186297 but I am not sure about the arm.

Does anyone out there know if they are interchangeable?

Jim

As I remember from my '86 TLR's both brakes were basically the same on both 250 and 200 versions.

Looking at the two on offer the US version looks right except that the original arms on the TLR were alloy and that looks steel and a slightly different curve, but I'm 99% sure it will fit.

The UK one on ebay doesn't look right to me as there was a speedo drove on the TLR's as can be seen on the US one and also the cut out for the fork boss (the stop) doesn't look right. It might fit but I'm sure it's not off a TLR. Hope this helps

I don't know about the RS250TA. Is it different from the RTL250F?

The wheels' hub from the TLR200 and TLR250 are different. The TLR250 are from the same design as RTL250S, TLM200 and TLM240.

What is for sale on Ebay US must be from a 5 speed XL125 (the same plate is fitted on my RS200T with a cap for the not fitted speedo gear).

The plate from Ebay UK is looking like ...something else..(picture not clear).

The drums from the TLR200 (or TLR125) are smaller 90mm against 110mm for the TLR250.

The front wheels can be inverted between 200 and 250 but not the rear because the axles' diameter are 12mm for the 200 and 14mm for the 250

These pics from my honda manuals.

0801260816342162103.jpg

SA400470.jpg

SA400471.jpg

The arm I have in my hand is for a 200 and the bike behind is a TLR250

As previously said the hub sizes are different this also means the brake shoes are different as well................ so watch out listings claiming parts will fit 200/250

Simon

Hello Jim,

I own a copy from the TLR250 parts catalogue. There are nearly 80 pages without the descriptions in French and German.

Is there someone else who knows if it can be downloaded from the web or another way to obtain it from UK?

Maybe on Yahoo Japan where if found the catalogue from the RS200T/TL200RII.

I case of need, let me know, to bind a copy of the catalogue and send by int'l air will cost about 8

I need a front brake arm for my TLR250 (RS250TA actually) and my friend needs the front brake plate for his UK TLR250. Does anyone know if they are the same as the TLR200? There is a plate with arm on eBay US item no. 200168839274 which looks the part but it's a long way to get one from if it's not right! There is also one in the UK on eBay no. 200195186297 but I am not sure about the arm.

Jim

Jim

The RS250ta uses the TLR200 front brake. with alloy brake arm, maybe the usa one with steel arm is reflex,but I am not sure.

the TLR250 uses the bigger brakes used on RTL/TLM,with longer alloy brake arm.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim

I have a Japan TLR 200 and a USA TLR 200 Reflex and they have different front brake hubs and backing plates.