Beta Mot

mikee

looking to get my beta MOTed in the near furture..I've got all the relivant forms from DVLA and Lamkins. Just need MOT advice regarding daylight use and tryes...

I use michellen X11 compertion tryes that say on them not for road use.. Are these going to be ok for the mot or do i need to change them for road going tryes like a prillie mt 43...????

I understand that i do not need lights for a daytime mot but need a continus sounding horn.. Can i wire this to the beta electics without the lighting loom to say another kill switch...

thanks for any help

The tyres are legal in the UK, the writing on them is for the US. You can buy a cheap horn/buzzer somewhere, think it may be battery powered, I'm sure someone on here will have a phone number. You're right about the lights, don't need them. You may need a speedo though.

Hi,for a day time MOT you don't need any lights , (remember to remove light switch),horn must give an continious audiable note so pip squeek horns won't be acceptable,speedo not required,tyres must be E marked,frame number required.

ps

an advisory notice may be issued warning presenter that the bike must not be used in bad visability.

P..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the help...

Bike went though the MOT today with no problems.. :rolleyes:

No lights where needed and no speedo, just the horn which i got from halfords for under a tenner...

Just got to send paper work off now for reg number...

Had a couple of quotes for insuracne and the best i can get is from bennetts for