New Zealand Trials Scene.

montaco

Further to Tim's reply, trials in NZ are run under a licensing scheme which covers insurance requirements (especially for farmers good enough to allow their land use). Day licenses are available. There are bikes available to hire if required. As Tim says, plenty of events this year, basically every weekend. Should be fun.

Andrew

Hi montaco,

Can you confirm the place, is it Reporoa? if so this is near Rotorua and fine for Tauranga trials. If it is Raparoa then I don't know it. There is a farming family at Reporoa who are trials riders and this would be a good contact, if it is the right place! Let me know and I can either give Tim the details or direct to you.

butt mooar - There used to be a very small following of sidecar trials around the Wellington region, check out their local website - Ixion motorcycle club, best to google it. In the South Island, there was another following - I think in the Christchurch area, try looking for the Pioneer Motorcycle club web site for this area.

Bye, PeterB.