Tlr250rg 1986 Fork Seals

tlrbc

Hey my fork is leaking, guess i could try heavier oil butt!!!

any common honda or other bike that would have a similar fork seal or even fork that would be replaceable

i am thinking of Carb parts and ignition too

i have started building molds of plastic and will have carbon fiber and kevlar with vinyl-ester or epoxy

regards

tlrbc

any common honda or other bike that would have a similar fork seal or even fork that would be replaceable

The seal is a common size - nothing exotic here.

Can't remember whart bikes also use this seal but a search on an online parts shop (or better still visit to your friendly corner bike shop) should get the proper seals. Simple job for them to look in catalog from any parts supplier.

1986 tlr 250r - g

the local bike shop has said they are unable to cross to anything, and also not supply any U.S of A, parts or any import for that matter

it is the only HONDA shop for 400km

thanks

tlrbc

The actual Honda part No you require is 51425-KT2-003 (2 of), they are 35mm id

But they are easily available at any bearing supplier take them out and measure them, if i have an old set i will measure them , but i have probably thrown them out

that is resuming you have a TLR250Rg (Monoshock , very quiet , mostly white )

you shouldnt need any ignition parts (apart from phyisical damage) but you may need a new float (brass and fiddly to solder)

part No 16013-286-014

The oil filter is the same as an XR400 but the drain plug location takes a bit of explaining

here

if you need any more onfo just ask (assuming its a TLR250Rg )