Importer Direct

ishy

Chris,

I used to be a member of the SCTA when I worked over there (SoCal), came home in 1996 and haven't sat on a trials bike since! Has anyone thought about going through the various clubs membership records say for the last 10 years and see how many ex members are no longer and hitting them up with a mailshot? There must also be a whole bunch of people in the area that used to ride way back when and have an old twin shock bike gathering dust in their garage/shed, how about a class aimed at them at ATA events? Say hello to Dwane Stone, Mark Oldar, John Thompson for me (Pete Thatcher) will you

Pete,

All those guys are still around, except for John. I came to SoCal trials in 2003 and never met him. I know Mark reads Trials Central though.

Your right about the mailing lists. We have been keeping old members or anybody interested in trials on the list, not just current members. I'm not sure about going back further or who has the list.

The trials that I am responsible for I always add a vintage class, but usally nobody rides. We should also include the ARMHA riders on the mailing list.

Also when I was out riding one day I came back to my truck to find all the SCTA club stuff--Since that day I have been the SCTA Pres. Good the hear from old members.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all said, the Ish has been very quiet abiut all that he started!

All shat being said, I shall tell a bit of a funny in MY simple mind.

At a recent trial and with a totally NOOB rider who had picked up a later model Pro. He ahd had his fair abuse in the sections that morning but had a good time and placed well as he had much previous dirt experience.

He said afterward, I punched a hole in the mag cover, and sure enough as I looked, the Pro had a good gash in the plastic cover.

Ah no prob, lets go see, as I took him over to one ov the largest Gasser dealers in the NATION! These things are CHEAP!

Hey, you got one ov these covers for my NOOB friend with the PRO?

NO! I have never sold one, was the response!

Blew me away! :rolleyes:

And all said, the Ish has been very quiet abiut all that he started!

The topic started going down the "how can we get more people involved in the sport" route, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think the recession has even started to bite yet, my thought was!! maybe a few might keep bikes coming into the country if they cut the chaff and make a bit more per sale.

Lets see how it looks this time next year.

The trials that I am responsible for I always add a vintage class, but usally nobody rides. We should also include the AHMRA riders on the mailing list.

Its one thing to have a vintage class but its another to have vintage lines. The AHMRA riders are most liked use to gentler sections and no stop.

And its challenging enough to get them to show up at AHMRA events, but a little advertising can't hurt.

The topic started going down the "how can we get more people involved in the sport" route, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think the recession has even started to bite yet, my thought was!! maybe a few might keep bikes coming into the country if they cut the chaff and make a bit more per sale.

Lets see how it looks this time next year.

Ish, once again, nothing against you personally, but I think you are either totally full of ****, or know something that you are not telling. And I ask again, where does that leave YOU? :gay:

Ish, once again, nothing against you personally, but I think you are either totally full of ****, or know something that you are not telling. And I ask again, where does that leave YOU? :gay:

Wondering why our club has the best turnout in years this weekend, no new bikes around but plenty of riders.

Maybe folk are cutting back on the high dollar pastimes and going with the one that gives a good day of fun for little cost.

In the US of today, wouldn't full of **** be a good thing, like wearing your best ****, that's some cool ****, he's got his **** togeather, look at the **** he's riding, sounds **** hot to me.

Wondering why our club has the best turnout in years this weekend, no new bikes around but plenty of riders.

Maybe folk are cutting back on the high dollar pastimes and going with the one that gives a good day of fun for little cost.

In the US of today, wouldn't full of **** be a good thing, like wearing your best ****, that's some cool ****, he's got his **** togeather, look at the **** he's riding, sounds **** hot to me.

Obviously, you are not telling ****! I think it may just be a good time to buy some **** and sell some ****! If you do have anything in the bank it is not making ****!

Anyone want to buy some of this ****? :gay: