Rear Brake Has Broken Off?

fkrisztian

My rear brake has broken off. I don't know why.

Can somebody help me finding the correct part number? I wan't to order the new part, but I can't figure out the part number, because the graphich of the parts list is very dumb. I want to order only that thing which holds the brake, because the brake is in perfect condition, so I don't need a complete rear brake.

Here is the parts list: http://www.betamotor.com/en/bikes/download_explodeview/12

beta_hatsofek.jpg

Edited by fkrisztian

Part number for the rear brake complete ..... 25:03046000 for a 2004 rev3..

They don't seem to list the carrier as a seprate item..

Give your local dealer a phone and see if they so come as two parts.

Got to say it but that is one f****d rear trye... :rotfl:

Give your local dealer a phone and see if they so come as two parts.

Got to say it but that is one f****d rear trye... :rotfl:

Sorry I can't be any help with the brake but I couldn't help noticing that rear tyre either..Must be some rider that can get that bike to go forward.

Edited by HAM2

The rear brake complete is 70 quid at Lampkins. That is not cool, especially knowing that I don't need the complete brake. Do I have any other solution? :)

So, do you like my supermoto style rear tyre? :mellow: It has a lots of grip! NOT! ;)

Edited by fkrisztian

to bad about the brake but that's a perfect practice tire......... i use well worn tires forever and then fit a new one for events that lets me run one good tire set all year and then i have a new practice set for the next year just keep rotating them out.

as for the brakes have you talked to a welding shop maybe they can weld it? or is it a cast piece?

rob

Not sure about getting it fixed. But how did you break it? If it just happened when you were riding and you didnt knock it on anything it might be because you have the wheel spacers in the wrong way around. One is bigger than the other so if you have them in wrong it cound have the wheel in the wrong alignment and causing the brake to put pressure on the bracket everytime you use it.

Just a thought....

as for the brakes have you talked to a welding shop maybe they can weld it? or is it a cast piece?

rob

It's not a cast piece, it can be welded. The only problem is, that I'm not sure that after the welding, the bolt, which holds the brake, will fit. And the brake is very close, too. Anyway I think I'll give it a try.
Not sure about getting it fixed. But how did you break it? If it just happened when you were riding and you didnt knock it on anything it might be because you have the wheel spacers in the wrong way around. One is bigger than the other so if you have them in wrong it cound have the wheel in the wrong alignment and causing the brake to put pressure on the bracket everytime you use it.

Just a thought....

I was trying to jump up a rock from standstill. I was in this position:

motoros_ugras.jpg

(It's not me on the pic, I just found it on the internet.)

But I loosed my balance and I tried to avoid putting down my foot, so I jumped with both tyres at the same time, going a bit sideway (both brakes were locked). I jumped 3 or 4 times, and I managed to not put down my foot, but at the 4th jump I heard a cracky sound, so I get off my bike and I saw that the brake is not okay.

I think that the wheel spacers are in the good way. But I will check this. And I'm sure that I didn't knock the brake on anything.

Edited by fkrisztian

if you go the welding route then have them fill the bolt hole and keep a wet rag on parts that you don't want much heat on and then when you do a temp install you mark the bollt hole and then drill a new hole. the best bet is to buy a new part but i like a challange so i would buy the part and try and fix the old one.

thats just me

rob

You are my hero. :rotfl: That's great, thanks for the help, I will order it soon, but:

On the Lampkins price list, there is 3 type of rear brake support:

28-94550 bracket rear brake caliper rev-3

28-94552 bracket rear brake caliper

28-94553 bracket rear brake caliper rev-3/02 welded lug type

Which one to I order for my Rev3 2004 ?

The cheapest one that will do the job required.