Scorpa Or Gag Gas Or Somthing Else

shrub

Hi Everyone

New to trials what bike do I go for are they all as good as each other? (keep in mind i used to ride motox cross but it was many years ago)

Ive spoken with one guy who says for a novice 250 Scorpa all the way, that said he does have a Scorpa. Are all the other models just as good or better and what are the most reliable makes?

All advice is welcome.

Cheers

i've ridden both gasgas and scorpa's and in all fairness i would say my 125 gasser was overall a better bike than the scorpa, i'm only riding scorpa's now because i work at this place and i kept my gasgas for when i come back to england. The gasgas s alot lighter and easy to move around and just feel more agile. and if you look after them reliabilty shouldn't really be a problem, just if you buy a second hand one check under the footpegs for a crack at the rear bracket. hope this helps

Hi fozza321

Cheers for that mate, I must admit im more tempted by the overall package of the Gas Gas and there seems to be a lot more trick bits out there for them as I would love to make my bike a little different from others.

Thanks again.

Shrub ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My son has a GasGas 125 (05), and whilst I agree with you it is a great bike to ride and is easy to throw around etc. I'm fed up with constantly having to fix it beyond the normal maintenance (filters etc, etc) and I'd happily swap it for something else if I could persuade my son to part with it.

I currently have an 02 290 Sherco, which has been a great bike, and yes, I have had to do some work on it, but nothing like the Gasser. I'm looking to buy a Scorpa now and one of the things that attracts me is the reliability, which everybody talks about.

Cheers, Stoford.

I know the problem, our club bike (used for introducing newcomers to the sport) is a Gas Gas, now renamed Fix Fix. I think its either Scorpa SY250R or Honda 315 if reliability is important (only talking 2 stroke here) The SY has by far a more modern feel to it.

Shercos tend to be lousy on the steep stuff and they are plain ol ugly, good ol Betas have an annoying kickstarter on the wrong side.

Stoford & Greg

Thanks you have made up my mind the Scorpa it is, im so looking forward to getting out there and giving it ago!

The next question for you is what are the rules, what is the best training to do and are there any good DVD out there that will help a novice like myself. Also what kit last the distance.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Shrub :gay:

Now I dont know where you are, but here in Denmark I would suggest that you find a trials klub and the rest will fall into place. Training; Concentrate on the basics of learning to balance, turn correctly (also on slopes) and how to pressure the rear to get that sudden grip/acceleration. Then just practice with the lads in your club. Practicing within markers or "tape" is a great help.

good luck.

check this link

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/html/how_to_ride.html

Edited by greggjflower

Hi Shrub,

Don't know where you are in North Somerset, but there are several clubs around in the area. If you look on the ACU website you can find contact details for clubs, I expect the AMCA clubs can also be found the same way. Another contact point is to look on TC or in TMX for details of trials events and go along and ask - most people in this sport are very helpful.

I live near Yeovil and ride with Yeo-Vale, Blackmore Vale (AMCA), Weymouth and Bridport, and other clubs in the region, it really depends how far you want to travel.

For gear I'd suggest a pair of boots and helmet (obviously) are essential, again if you ask around you can probably find a used pair of boots for a reasonable price. Again, once you start asking people it's amazing how the trials grapevine works. MX gear is generally easier to get and often cheaper than pukka trials kit and is fine to start with.

Cheers, Stoford

Guys

Once again thanks! As from the 15th of next month I should have the money to get a bike and some kit. Ill keep you posted on how I get on.

I'm off to the Mendipvale trial at Shipham this weekend so I hope to talk to a few people there and if someone explains the rules to me ill be happy to observe.

Enjoy the Easter break

Thanks again

Shrub :gay: